Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Digital or Actual

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:29 PM
  • 28 Replies

Do you prefer digital books and magazines or the acutal paper versions?

by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 8:22 PM

I've tried digital.

I like the ease (for traveling especially) and the light-weight aspect (for brand new and big fat books especially).

But in the end I like a book better. 

I read ahead and I look back a lot. Hard to do on digital. I also am pretty good with remembering where certain things are in a book visually speaking. I can never go back on a digital copy and find a quote or a section in the same way I can with a real book.

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Actual book.
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I've come to prefer the convenience of digital. They don't get misplaced, and you can carry hundreds at a time on one device. I almost always read on my Nook.
booaura
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Actual books, but the digital is so much easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Digital.

First off, it saves resources. We cut trees down like they're going to run away or something. Very, very selfish.

Second, it's much easier to take them with you, read here and there, takes less space, and most importantly, I never worry about my place. If I fall asleep it saves my space.

polkaspots
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Digital. I'm cheap and lazy. I hate buying books, so I use the library. I'm too lazy to bring them back on time. I like reading series books and that means tracking books down and waiting until I can get two or three at a time because I read quickly. I use online libraries and free stuff on amazon. I also use swag bucks for amazon money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I prefer the feel of a hardback book in my hands, and the process of turning a page through a suspenseful moment in a story. I've tried digital, but I just don't get into a book in the same way no matter how good it is.

famiglia_bella
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

The hippie in me loves being paperless but I miss the feel of a real book, flipping back or sneaking a peek ahead.  But I indulge in an actual book now and then.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

both

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 12:49 AM

I'm the same way.  I know it's easier to go digital but I love holding and reading a book and it's easier for me to read.  

Quoting clairewait:

I've tried digital.

I like the ease (for traveling especially) and the light-weight aspect (for brand new and big fat books especially).

But in the end I like a book better. 

I read ahead and I look back a lot. Hard to do on digital. I also am pretty good with remembering where certain things are in a book visually speaking. I can never go back on a digital copy and find a quote or a section in the same way I can with a real book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN