Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you have a master bathroom?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a very small one, it's a size of a closet but at least its in our bedroom.  DH doesn't like it he says it feels like a coffin so he has used the hall bathroom.  It was nice because we each had our own.  Now our 4 yr old uses the bathrooms and shares with her daddy.  She likes to come in and use my bathroom because she likes it better.  She loves to pump out my handsoap (she gets it all over the sink)  because it smells better.  She also likes to get into my lipsticks.  lol  I tell her there is a perfectly good bathroom in the hallway and she says its for boys.  I think if we get another house, we will be getting a bigger master so when my youngest starts using the bathroom, they can have their own. 

Just wondering if  you share with your kids too or they have their own?

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Replies (31-40):
squeekers
Yesterday at 1:17 AM
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:48 PM
We have a 2 master apartment. So DH and I on one side & DD17 on the other. IMO it's safer that way. Teen space is not meant to be shared.
Jacqalyn
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:10 AM
We have two bathroom but neither are what I would call a master bathroom. One is connected to the girls room and can be accessed through their room or the hall. The other is bigger and connected to our room but can also be accessed from the hall as well.
Ds and any guest will use the one connected to our room. The other one is only for our dd's use. Unless someone really has to go and the other is in use.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:12 AM

we all have our own bathrooms ..

ambergem
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Yes. DH says not having one is a deal breaker. I've always happened to have one. I agree.
diesel_darling
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:45 AM
We have a big master bath with his and her sinks, a garden tub, and stand in shower. The hall bath is just a basic bathroom. Dh and I share the master and the kids share the hall.
GirlWithANikon
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:48 AM

we have a 2.5 bath. The kids have one to share and if we have over night guests they share that with them as well. a master, and then a half bath down stairs.

Night_Roane
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Same

Quoting TristanMitchael: We only have one small bathroom :/
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:05 AM

How exciting!  Are you guys moving in town or to another city?

Quoting Bonnie_:

Right  now the apartment  I'm  in  only  has  one bathroom  but   end of next  month   we will  be  moving  into a 3  bedroom  house  that  has two  full baths.  Can't wait to see it!

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:08 AM

When we were growing up, that's how many of us shared a bathroom.  I remembered days of screaming "are you done yet?".  One day, my dad decided to build a bathroom in the garage and he built a master bedroom for him and my mom.  I guess he had enough of sharing with all of us.  lol My grandma lived with us in the main house.  

Quoting melindabelcher: No master bathroom. Our family of 5 soon to be 6 share one bathroom.

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this

That is so funny!  He better know you mean business when you use his full name.  lol

Quoting HIJKLM: Part of what I love about him is his childish side but I catch myself using his middle name more often than the kids lol
Quoting momofnatalie:

Lol, I totally feel that way towards my DH too. 

Quoting HIJKLM: Kids aren't allowed to use my master bath. There's 3 other bathrooms they can use, that one is mine! (Although I share with my man child)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)