Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you have a master bathroom?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a very small one, it's a size of a closet but at least its in our bedroom.  DH doesn't like it he says it feels like a coffin so he has used the hall bathroom.  It was nice because we each had our own.  Now our 4 yr old uses the bathrooms and shares with her daddy.  She likes to come in and use my bathroom because she likes it better.  She loves to pump out my handsoap (she gets it all over the sink)  because it smells better.  She also likes to get into my lipsticks.  lol  I tell her there is a perfectly good bathroom in the hallway and she says its for boys.  I think if we get another house, we will be getting a bigger master so when my youngest starts using the bathroom, they can have their own. 

Just wondering if  you share with your kids too or they have their own?

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Replies (41-50):
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:12 AM

How nice, I am so jealous!  One day, in my dream house I would love to get that kind of a bathroom.  It's hard in Southern CA to get the square footage and amenities I want.

Quoting Aiden.11.10.09: We have a large master bath with French doors, a shower stall, whirlpool bath, the toilet is behind a wall for privacy, then a utility closet and our walk in closet comes off of it. Then we have 2 other bathrooms. I don't need the huge bathroom, but it is nice.

my4kids274
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

We have a master bathroom and my kids have their own bathroom.  

momto3B
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:57 AM

We have 4.5 bathrooms. MB is large,  PR is large, the hall bath shared by two of my boys is bright but tiny, the ensuite in my oldes't son's room is small but fine, and the bath shared by our two third floor bedrooms is large but poorly laid out. In the next few years, 3 of the bathrooms need an upgrade and two need a major renovation. 

TheJerseyGirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

My youngest shares ours but the kids have their own.

Aiden.11.10.09
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:55 AM
I love it, but I feel kind of bad because our youngest sons room is smaller than our master bathroom :-/ BUT when the kids get older I'm sure our oldest will take over the huge bedroom on the bottom floor and then he can have his brothers old room. Then I won't have to feel bad anymore lol.

Quoting momofnatalie:

How nice, I am so jealous!  One day, in my dream house I would love to get that kind of a bathroom.  It's hard in Southern CA to get the square footage and amenities I want.

Quoting Aiden.11.10.09: We have a large master bath with French doors, a shower stall, whirlpool bath, the toilet is behind a wall for privacy, then a utility closet and our walk in closet comes off of it.

Then we have 2 other bathrooms.

I don't need the huge bathroom, but it is nice.

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:57 AM
We've never had any issues..yet.
But I grew up with 1br for a family of 6 without issues.

Quoting momofnatalie:

When we were growing up, that's how many of us shared a bathroom.  I remembered days of screaming "are you done yet?".  One day, my dad decided to build a bathroom in the garage and he built a master bedroom for him and my mom.  I guess he had enough of sharing with all of us.  lol My grandma lived with us in the main house.  

Quoting melindabelcher: No master bathroom. Our family of 5 soon to be 6 share one bathroom.

Bonnie_
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Quoting momofnatalie:

How exciting!  Are you guys moving in town or to another city?

Quoting Bonnie_:

Right  now the apartment  I'm  in  only  has  one bathroom  but   end of next  month   we will  be  moving  into a 3  bedroom  house  that  has two  full baths.  Can't wait to see it!

We  are moving  from  western  NY  to Louisiana.

CMay2CK
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM
No en suite. Would absolutely love one though. We have 2 bathrooms. Kids use one, hubby, I and guests use the other. I never allow guests into the kid's bathroom. Lord knows what they might find.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM

nope, we share - we have a 1 full bathroom house.  Second one is a powder room only.  Not looking forward to DD being a teenager, that's gonna be fun ... NOT

littlepinkrose
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM

We only have one bathroom it is big but it is in our bedroom.  Our place was made weird so the only bathroom is in the bedroom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)