Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you have a master bathroom?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a very small one, it's a size of a closet but at least its in our bedroom.  DH doesn't like it he says it feels like a coffin so he has used the hall bathroom.  It was nice because we each had our own.  Now our 4 yr old uses the bathrooms and shares with her daddy.  She likes to come in and use my bathroom because she likes it better.  She loves to pump out my handsoap (she gets it all over the sink)  because it smells better.  She also likes to get into my lipsticks.  lol  I tell her there is a perfectly good bathroom in the hallway and she says its for boys.  I think if we get another house, we will be getting a bigger master so when my youngest starts using the bathroom, they can have their own. 

Just wondering if  you share with your kids too or they have their own?

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Replies (71-78):
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Lol, I guess the dolls are living in style at Barbie's house.  Is everyone good about sharing the bathroom?

Quoting sakpoints:

Sadly the only residents with a master bath are the Monster High dolls living in the Barbie house.  We only have 1 in the house.

CadillacCutie
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:49 AM
We have 3 bathrooms. A master bath, and hallway bath upstairs. And one bathroom on the main level. No sharing required. My 3 yo loves having her own Minnie Mouse themed bathroom!
Uhura
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:50 AM

We just have the one bathroom for everyone.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Bonnie_
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:11 AM

Quoting momofnatalie:

That is great I am sure the prices in Louisana or more affordable than NY.  I'm glad you are getting more space. 

Quoting Bonnie_:

Quoting momofnatalie:

How exciting!  Are you guys moving in town or to another city?

Quoting Bonnie_:

Right  now the apartment  I'm  in  only  has  one bathroom  but   end of next  month   we will  be  moving  into a 3  bedroom  house  that  has two  full baths.  Can't wait to see it!

We  are moving  from  western  NY  to Louisiana.

lol  Actually  I am  in western NY  just south  of Buffalo.    I am  only  paying  380.00  for a 2 bedroom.  I  will be paying  800.00  a month  for the house.    Which  is actually  cheaper  than  most.  I  found  out  my  neighbor  pays 1000.00   which  is  about  the going  rate.    I  just   happened to know the  owners  and they are  cutting  me a deal.   I  feel blessed!  I  was shocked   at  what  houses  in my  old  neighborhoods in  New Orleans  are going  for.  I don't  know  how  anyone  can afford them.

EmilysMom2010
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Our master bath is pretty small as well. I don't use it because it has no counter space.its my husbands bathroom.
My dd and I use the bathroom in the hall. It's much larger. It's perfect for all our girly things.
anon1986East
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:04 AM

We have two bathrooms. The one upstairs is across the hall from my bedroom and has a bath/shower. The one downstairs has a shower stall. I usually use the one upstairs but my children learned from an early age not to get into things that didn't belong to them and I don't keep make up in the bathroom. I keep it all in a case which I will bring to the bathroom with me if I decide to use any of it. The kids are free to use whichever bathroom they want. We're also currently building a half bath on the basement level which is where we have a play room, so it's where the kids spend most of their time. I imagine that's the bathroom they'll use the most often once it's finished.  

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM
I don't think so unfortunately. 😕 If/when he moves out I'm making dh clean it. His family, his responsibility right? Lol

Quoting momofnatalie:

Oh I totally understand that!  I hope he cleans it periodically.

Quoting egyptian_mommy: We do. The kids mostly use ours. I told them to because bil lives with us and uses the hall bathroom and I refuse to clean after him.

sakpoints
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM
We make it work but not looking forward to DD's teenage years lol

Quoting momofnatalie:

Lol, I guess the dolls are living in style at Barbie's house.  Is everyone good about sharing the bathroom?

Quoting sakpoints:

Sadly the only residents with a master bath are the Monster High dolls living in the Barbie house.  We only have 1 in the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)