Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

someone please help!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:41 AM
  • 10 Replies
dh and I went on a vaca abd left ds with the in laws for 5 days. he wad absolutely amazing!!! now we r home and all he does is scream and arch his back and pushes away from me. he wont really eat from the boob and if he does he cries which before he never need. what is going on??????
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bajanmama
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Sounds like his stomach is bothering him. Did they change his formula? Did you burp him before you put him to feed? Was he bottle fed before this trip?

Babygurl2409
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:01 AM
yeah but he will go by dh just fine. :(

Quoting Bajanmama:

Sounds like his stomach is bothering him. Did they change his formula? Did you burp him before you put him to feed? Was he bottle fed before this trip?

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM

give it time ... he will re-adjust

TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:35 PM
It might just take him time to readjust.
Bajanmama
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Well just be patient. Maybe he feels like a big boy now :( but he might soon come around and want mommy to cuddle him again.

Quoting Babygurl2409: yeah but he will go by dh just fine. :(
Quoting Bajanmama:

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:03 PM

I assume you are pumping. You might just try to nurse him when he's the hungriest (first thing in the morning?) and before bed and continue to pump and give him bottles.

I work very hard not to let nursing stress me out. If it isn't working, I explore other options. If this means pumping during the day and only nursing once or twice a day, I'm okay with that.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Lie down to nurse, take advantage of "dream feeding". How old is he? He probably also got used to the faster flow of the bottle, particularly if paced bottlefeeding wasn't used. This can be reversed with some patience and tough love. If he is under a year old, and receiving any solids, cut back or eliminate them for a few days until you get him back on track.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I agree. I think its highly likely he was overfed while away as well.

Def use the dream feeding!

Quoting MusherMaggie: Lie down to nurse, take advantage of "dream feeding". How old is he? He probably also got used to the faster flow of the bottle, particularly if paced bottlefeeding wasn't used. This can be reversed with some patience and tough love. If he is under a year old, and receiving any solids, cut back or eliminate them for a few days until you get him back on track.

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:00 PM
How old is he?
Babygurl2409
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:42 PM
7 months old andd ive noticed also that he literally eats double each time I feed him solids. he was only there for 5 days is that possible. what other foods can he have now to maybe make him more full? he seems to ALWAYS be hungry now.

Quoting egyptian_mommy: How old is he?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)