Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

FB why do people ...

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM
  • 38 Replies
2 moms liked this

feel compelled to tell you every tid bit of their lives ??  Are people so bored or such attention whores that they feel the need to tell you what they do all the time ? what they  had for lunch ? that they are at the gym .  do you need people to tell you "atta girl" or "poor you"  "You're such a good mom" "awesome"

Good grief !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm all for using FB to reconnect with friends, or stay connected with people, sharing a joke once in a while or good news / happy moment or sometimes bad news but there's this one girl on my FB I swear I could freakishly tell you her life better than if I was her neighbour, it's not right.

I saw a demotivational poster this morning that made me laugh so hard ... I mean it is the truth. What did we do before Facebook ?  Twitter and all that ? 

what do you think ?

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Succubus1987
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Lmao!! @ at the e-card.

I have a few people like that on fb and it's annoying.
hateaway
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I think we all have that one friend. I'll unhide their posts.

Facebook is basically were people go to seek attention. I just post pictures of my daughter for my family and friends.

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:12 PM

One of the many reasons I got rid of FB last year. And i thought i would miss it alot, but i really don't miss it at all....

JTE11
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:06 PM

LOL! That ecard is great, it got me laughing, but I have no idea why folks do that. I don't do FB because I'm a private person, I don't want everyone to know my business and what I'm doing and where I am every moment of the day. My DH has an account to periodically check in and look up some friends and relatives who live far away and there is one who posts things like... "At Walmart! and here's a selfie to prove it. Ooooh, produce!"  Lol, I don't know if it's that they think people really care about every moment of their day or they are hungry for attention and feel the need to keep themselves out there, and it's their online version of jumping up and down going "Hey, look at meeee!" - I have no idea.  I don't care what they are doing at every moment, and I'm sure nobody wants to know about my life to that extent. So I am blissfully FB-free, lol.

waytomanykids10
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM
My husband and I share a fb account and we are hardly ever on it. When we do get on it, it is to give updates or pictures of the kids to family members. We only have like 40 people as friends and they are all family, we are very picky on who is on our friends list.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:13 PM
I was just sitting here thinking that I am going to have to block some peoples stuff from showing up in my news feed. And I'm going to have to block some of my stuff from ending up on other people's news feeds because they are now friends with someone that I don't want to know what's going on in my life. Sounds childish but I don't really care.
sissyboogs
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I have one on Facebook that says "brb going to the bathroom"...then 3 minutes later "ok, back now"

I keep her for entertainment purposes.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:12 AM

My FB is mostly kept to keep in touch with friends and good off - I don't have anyone on my FB I don't personally know or have at least met in person or talked on the phone with.  I have no immediate family on my FB to avoid drama. My profile is set to private, you can't find me even if you tried.  Usually I remove people that get on my nerves, I do a spring cleaning about once a year and clear the people that get on my nerves too much or I'm bored with.

Quoting TristanMitchael: I was just sitting here thinking that I am going to have to block some peoples stuff from showing up in my news feed. And I'm going to have to block some of my stuff from ending up on other people's news feeds because they are now friends with someone that I don't want to know what's going on in my life. Sounds childish but I don't really care.

maecntpntz219
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Yes, some people need attention and/or validation. The same type of people lurk on CM!

nuts4scouts
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting maecntpntz219:

Yes, some people need attention and/or validation. The same type of people lurk on CM!

I was thinking the exact same thing!!

"Look at this gross picture - listen to my in depth description - tell me what my problem/disease is"

"Read my - in depth - story and tell me I am right/OK/etc"

"Don't EVER give me an actual, real, opinion. Just agree with everything I say"

Oh, and lets post our story to a bazillion different boards so everyone knows, and agrees with us of course!

ROFLMAO  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)