Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Pampers Diapers and leaking around the legs.

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:25 PM
  • 27 Replies

Has anyone had any problems with Pampers Diapers leaking around legs? I have used these since my now 5 year old was born because he had such little legs and other diapers leaked. I now use them with my 21 month old and they leak around the legs. He does not have tiny legs anymore. I have used the swaddlers, baby dry, and now the cruisers. They all have this problem. He set on my leg just now and slid off and I had a trail of poop down my leg. They also do this with pee. I half to change his diapers very frequent for this reason. I am thinking of going to Huggies or something else. He is very sensitive to stuff as well. I am so scared of trying something new!!

by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Demlow6
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I hated pampers.
I have always stuck with Luvs. They are cheaper too.
momto2in0812
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I am just scared of him breaking out from Luvs and I hate the smell of them.

Demlow6
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I understand. I like the smell. Lol. I was worried mine would break out too. Thankfully none of them did. I started out with the smallest packs of all the brands and made my choice after using a full package of each one. The Luvs were what held up the best.
Good luck! I hope you find one that works.

Quoting momto2in0812:

I am just scared of him breaking out from Luvs and I hate the smell of them.

momto2in0812
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Thank you!! I cannot use any soap on him but aveeno and he has to have that dreft laundry soap.

bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't stand pampers because they never fit my kids legs
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like its just a personal thing between your kids shape  and the Pampers. All diapers are different for all babies. I have never had leakage problems with them but i hate how often they have to be changed because the absorbancy sucks. Luvs are the same dang type of diaper. Its like im throwing my money away because im changing them so often. My favorite diapers are huggies. I have used both Pampers and huggies with my 6 yr old when she was a baby and my 2 yr old. Just try new diapers until you find a winner. I cloth diaper at home during the day so that helps alot. I like disposables better though

AspensMama1537
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I never had that problem with Pampers. It happened all the time with huggies though! My daughter had chunky legs and my son's are skinny. Pampers fit them both great. Sorry you are having problems. Maybe you need to switch sizes?
momto2in0812
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I am going to try Huggies. What kind do you use? I have never bought them before.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Sounds like its just a personal thing between your kids shape  and the Pampers. All diapers are different for all babies. I have never had leakage problems with them but i hate how often they have to be changed because the absorbancy sucks. Luvs are the same dang type of diaper. Its like im throwing my money away because im changing them so often. My favorite diapers are huggies. I have used both Pampers and huggies with my 6 yr old when she was a baby and my 2 yr old. Just try new diapers until you find a winner. I cloth diaper at home during the day so that helps alot. I like disposables better though

aurora.dove
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Pampers and Huggies never worked for my DS. We always bought the target store brand Up & Up. They work amazingly and are really cute. They are extremely absorbent, and they contour around the legs really well. In 2 years that he was in diapers we never once had a leaking accident while using them, pee or poop. 

momto2in0812
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM

He is in size 4. He is only 25 lbs. He has smaller legs. They are not chunky or tiny. I have tried the swaddlers, baby dry, and cruisers. They all leaked around the legs. It is like they have no elastic in them.

Quoting AspensMama1537: I never had that problem with Pampers. It happened all the time with huggies though! My daughter had chunky legs and my son's are skinny. Pampers fit them both great. Sorry you are having problems. Maybe you need to switch sizes?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)