Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Tablets for kids? update

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:54 AM
  • 53 Replies
Does your kids have a tablet?
My kids will be turning 7 & 4 next month and I plan on getting them a kid-friendly tablet. I was originally going to get them the Kurio 7s (I think) but now I'm just kind of looking around. I want to get them soon though so I can figure out how they work and get some things programmed. I'm not looking for anything to expensive, I want to keep it around $100 each. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: We decided to go with the Kurios 7s. It can do anything like a tablet but have parental controls to block things. I'll get around to playing with them today if I can sneak away from the kids for a minute. I kind of wanted the kindle fire after all the suggestions but dh lines these ones because they also come with the rubber bumper thing. Thanks for all the input!
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hismommy2010
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:07 AM
My son is 4. And he has the zeki tablet.
TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:13 AM
I was looking at I think a 8" one a while back but it might of been a different brand. Do you know if they make any good cases for them.

Quoting hismommy2010: My son is 4. And he has the zeki tablet.
hismommy2010
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:20 AM
His is 8 inches. Havent found a case, yet. He does well though - he knows not to walk with it, only use it sitting down.

I have fun games & educational games on it. I had originally bought a samsung, but it wouldnt allow us to access abc mouse.com
And the zeki does.

Quoting TristanMitchael: I was looking at I think a 8" one a while back but it might of been a different brand. Do you know if they make any good cases for them.

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:21 AM

My 7 year old has a nabi 2 and loves it but it's out of your price range :(

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:22 AM

My kids are 6 and 2. Only kind of tablet type thing that we have is an innotab. She uses that and plays games sometimes and  gets an hour or so a day on abcMouse.com on my laptop. Niether of them use our ipad. I just think they are too young for all that crap but thats what works for my family. 

TurboMom81
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Our girls just share the IPad
Green.Ghost
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I bought both of mine the Kurio 4s. They're tough and I really like them (and so do they). They cost 100 a piece at Wal-Mart.

TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Oooh! I like that it let's you use ABC mouse. I just signed them back up for it a couple weeks ago. I just wish there was a case

Quoting hismommy2010: His is 8 inches. Havent found a case, yet. He does well though - he knows not to walk with it, only use it sitting down.

I have fun games & educational games on it. I had originally bought a samsung, but it wouldnt allow us to access abc mouse.com
And the zeki does.

Quoting TristanMitchael: I was looking at I think a 8" one a while back but it might of been a different brand. Do you know if they make any good cases for them.

TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:49 AM
I was looking at those! I thought about getting the Nabi Jr but it seemed more limited.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

My 7 year old has a nabi 2 and loves it but it's out of your price range :(

TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Is that the one that's a little smaller? I thing I was looking at those too, in just got overwhelmed:/

Quoting Green.Ghost:

I bought both of mine the Kurio 4s. They're tough and I really like them (and so do they). They cost 100 a piece at Wal-Mart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN