Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Adult picky eaters

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM
  • 30 Replies

Do you know any ?  I think I have the winning case of weird food habits with this couple friends of ours.  Get this : 

• HE does not eat any fruit what so ever, the vegetables he tolerates are peas, corn and potatoes.  but he's picky about the way they are cooked.  Sometimes onions if chopped small and mixed in to stuff.  He only eats white chicken meat, well done beef, no fish (and I'll go ahead and guess no seafood of any kind)  He will eat tomato sauce but not salsa.
  • SHE does not eat any dairy what so ever (this includes no butter, sour cream, cream/milk, cheese of any kind, yogurt), she eats most meats, does not eat ham or mashed potatoes, no creamy dressings in salads ; will eat most other vegetables, but no mayo, no eggs (except hot hard boiled for breakfast)  no potato salad.
  • THE KID apparently is not very picky but won't eat salad & prefers cold raw veggies over cooked

What would you make these people for dinner aside for hamburgers ?

I've opted for a buffet style dinner :  grilled marinated chicken skewers (cubed breast meat only no veggies) , corn on the cob, crudite platter on the side, seasoned rice, chips and dip (to be on the safe side) and a simple pesto pasta salad ... ?  For dessert I have a half watermelon and I'm thinking chocolate cake. So there's something for everyone.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I am very picky

::blush::

You made a good choice ;)

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Thanks!  I'm playing it safe.  Her and her weird food habits, I'm used to, I've known her for 20+ years but the first time I had Him over for dinner I was traumatized because he barely ate anything ... I had made  home made salsa, guacamole and cilantro crema with tortilla chips as an appetizer with drinks, main course ribs and chicken wings on the BBQ, a texmex vegetable salad & a pasta salad as sides and a strawberry crisp from scratch for dessert.  He little more than picked at his plate all night, I felt HORRIBLE.

I found out the next day when my friend said "oops" I guess I should have given you a heads up on his food likes and dislilkes ...

Quoting hugss:

I am very picky::blush::You made a good choice ;)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Yes I would have been upset too,
Least now you know ;)

Quoting Jinxed8:

Thanks!  I'm playing it safe.  Her and her weird food habits, I'm used to, I've known her for 20+ years but the first time I had Him over for dinner I was traumatized because he barely ate anything ... I had made  home made salsa, guacamole and cilantro crema with tortilla chips as an appetizer with drinks, main course ribs and chicken wings on the BBQ, a texmex vegetable salad & a pasta salad as sides and a strawberry crisp from scratch for dessert.  He little more than picked at his plate all night, I felt HORRIBLE.

I found out the next day when my friend said "oops" I guess I should have given you a heads up on his food likes and dislilkes ...

Quoting hugss:

I am very picky::blush::You made a good choice ;)

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Wow. That's a lot. I think your selection is more than adequate. I mean if they can't find something in there that they will eat, they should eat at home. Lol

My sister is really picky. Growing up she was never made to eat anything she didn't want, didn't like the look/smell/shape/color etc of or just didn't want because she wanted something else. She ate mac & cheese, ravioli from a can, cheese sandwiches and very little else. She eats a little more than that now but she's still probably the pickiest person I know.
ambergem
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM
My DH is a bit.
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I don't think I'd do anything but a potluck with a family like that... But it sounds like you've come up with a great creative meal! I don't know anyone who is as picky as all that, except for folks with medical dietary restrictions.
Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:18 AM

I think you did a good job coming up with a menu that would work. Let us know how it turns out!

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

DH and I are both picky.  All of the above sounds delicious though and we'd eat it all.  lol

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:36 AM

That is a great idea to do a buffet.  In our family we aren't picky we have lots of kids with food allergies so we do a lot of versions that are labeled non-dairy, nut free etc.  We normally have a buffet as well.  We do meats, and a lots of choices for everybody.  I hope they enjoy your dinner you are an awesome host.

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:04 AM
I love the buffet style idea!!
Sounds like a very complicated couple lol
Let us know how it goes!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN