Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

is this a sucky Baby shower gift ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Some tupperware (THE brand name Tupperware) guaranteed for life. 

Here's the back story ... my neighbor is pregnant with her first.  I know she will be staying home with her baby for at least the first year and she intends to make her baby home made baby food.  So I thought maybe I'd get her a good set of freezer safe container for the baby food, Tupperware products are guaranteed to life are toxin free and frankly REALLY expensive.

Also She has told me she already has a TON of clothes and baby stuff, I already got her a baby monitor & a book when I first found out she was pregnant, then we went on vacation and I picked her up some Michigan state sippy cup and little onsies cause I know she likes them.  Then I'm told I will be invited to the baby shower (crap !)  So I'm trying to think outside the box here ...

If you got that as a gift would you appreciate ? or would you think it was a crappy gift ?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
jamminmomma
by Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Tupperware is great and yes it does have a lifetime guarantee for any reason, so I would love it if it was me.

egyptian_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM
I think it's a good idea. It's thoughtful, creative and useful.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Today at 12:26 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:04 AM

It's a great gifft ;)

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:27 AM
I think it's a really nice gift. Maybe you could add some recipe cards for baby food to go along with it, if you wanted to make the baby connection a bit more clear without you feeling the need to explain. But honestly, it sounds very practical and good quality.
athorne
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:17 PM
I don't see a problem at all. It will be so convenient and I am sure she will love it.
JunkYdMom
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Great gift,,IMO
Iamvicann
by New Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:35 PM
I think it's an awesome gift. I like the idea of recipe cards with it. Only because to some the Tupperware alone might seem random and out of place.
reche1978
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:54 PM

it seems you put a lot of thought behind it I would give it to her and the gift recipt so she can always return it

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Excellent!
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Tupperware is really nice and very pricey. If I was making my own baby food I would appreciate the quality containers to keep the prepared baby food in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN