Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How far would you drive...

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:01 AM
  • 31 Replies

to a birthday party?

We recently just moved a half hour or so further away from our closest family members. I'm wanting to plan a 1st birthday party for ds2 but I'm not sure if we will even have guests. Most of the family we would be inviting are an hour to 2 hours away, just a few are 30 minutes away.

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Definitely not an hour or 2, I would maybe do half an hour and that is a big maybe. I have 1 child that can't do 10 minutes in the car let alone an hour or 2. Hell just bringing him home from the hospital in the city which is a 2 hour drive took us over 4 hours to get home. I have another child that gets really carsick, like literally will puke every 5 minutes which turns into dry heaving. I prefer just to not travel with either one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I might drive a hour or so but I know most of my family wouldn't so I guess it depends on the family.
virginiamama71
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:17 PM

We drove 4 hours to my niece's party. Than another year we drove 5 hours once to my other niece's (they are sisters) birthday party. They live 4 hours from us and that time were having the party an hour from their home.

We do not see them enough so it was fun times for everyone and worth the drive.

JIJsMom
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Two hours for friends, five for family. lol.
JunkYdMom
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:28 PM
For good friends and family I would drive a few hours.
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM

All of my family live 1 hour to 2 hours away from me and they always attend DD's birthday.  If it's family I'd expect them to be there.  A friend party might be different.  I'd still drive DD if she wanted to go and make a little outing for myself so I wouldn't have to drop her off and then come pick her up again. She'll be 9 soon. Obviously this isn't the case for a 1st birthday.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Aww maybe a half hour/hour max :)

MistyMoo
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:20 PM
I think it would depend on how close a relationship I had to the person..
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:47 PM
It would depend on how close a relationship I had with person and 1st bday is pretty imported if it was a nice nephew or someone I'm close with then Yes I would do it
LilRed2130
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:00 PM

For my close family as far as I needed too. I drive an 1 hour to go see my mother and nieces...they do the same for us. (we are a close family)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN