Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

UTI in a 4 y/o

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, my special needs 4 year old is verberally delayed so he has very limited words. He's keeps indicating that he needs a pamper like he has had a BM but he hasn't. But I am thinking that it is burning when he pees and he may have a UTI. What are some potential causes of a UTI in a 4 y/o?

by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gcstar42
by Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 9:54 PM
I am not sure for boys, but I know my 6 yr old daughter had several utis close together a couple of years ago. They said it could be caused by bubble baths or also from keeping her swimsuit on too long. So we quit bubble baths and I make her change out of her swimsuit as soon as she is done swimming and that seems to have helped.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Not sure but I would call your pedi & ask him :)

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 1:13 AM

I'm not sure either. I would also take him to his pedi and discuss your concerns. If he has a UTI, he probably needs an antibiotic. They can be hard to get rid of without antibiotics.

BradleysMom2014
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:02 AM

My sister had ALOT of UTI's when she was little... It was caused by bubble baths, her sitting in the water and playing.

Cut out bubble baths (if he likes playing in the water let him play in clean/clear water THEN wash/bathe him, that way he has his water time but isn't sitting in the bubbles.)

Make sure he is dry, not playing in wet bathing suits etc.

Hydration is good as well...

take him to the doc, I do know boys don't normally get uti's as easily as girls do

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:06 AM

I would go and have his urine tested.  I am sure the Dr. can give you some suggestions for UTI's for boys.  Good luck!

melindabelcher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Agreed :)

Quoting momofnatalie:

I would go and have his urine tested.  I am sure the Dr. can give you some suggestions for UTI's for boys.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)