Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I Really Don't Want to Watch That!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 112 Replies
1 mom liked this

Good Monday morning! I hope you all had a great weekend.

I took my son to see Planes: Fire & Rescue this weekend. It was nice because the crowds had died down since it's release and the theater wasn't packed. Win for mom. However, I am finding that the older I get, the more I am dreading seeing kiddie movies.
Don't get me wrong, it was cute and I LOVE Disney/Pixar but I found my mind wandering during the movie while he was completed engaged. This has been going on for a couple years but it is only getting worse...haha
Next up is How to Train Your Dragon 2 and I am thinking that my DH will have to take the lead on that one.

Do you take your kids to the movies?Do you enjoy the kiddie movies or do you find them difficult to sit through?
What about at home? Will you sit through a kid movie at home?
What was the last movie you watched with your kids (kid movie or not) at the theater?

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:34 AM
We don't go to the movies more then once ish a year!
I would love to be able to take the kiddos to the movie. Last theater movie they went to was Toy Story 3 in summer 2010!
I enjoyed it
Last disney movie I watched was Frozen..on Sunday. The kiddos own it and its on demand so it is a frequent movie around here.
momtimesx4
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Hmm....can't remember the last time we actually went to the movies.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Okay, I have to admit, I love Frozen. I can watch that all the time...haha
In my mind, it isn't really a kids movie (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

But the other cartoons just wear me down. I can only take so much.

Quoting melindabelcher: We don't go to the movies more then once ish a year! I would love to be able to take the kiddos to the movie. Last theater movie they went to was Toy Story 3 in summer 2010! I enjoyed it Last disney movie I watched was Frozen..on Sunday. The kiddos own it and its on demand so it is a frequent movie around here.

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Rofl! Some movies are done really well so they don't feel like corny kids movies :)

I can't stand disney jr or nick!! So many corny repeat shows.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Okay, I have to admit, I love Frozen. I can watch that all the time...hahaIn my mind, it isn't really a kids movie (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

Quoting melindabelcher: We don't go to the movies more then once ish a year!
I would love to be able to take the kiddos to the movie. Last theater movie they went to was Toy Story 3 in summer 2010!
I enjoyed it
Last disney movie I watched was Frozen..on Sunday. The kiddos own it and its on demand so it is a frequent movie around here.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:52 AM

My DH has a rule that Disney or Nick and their many channels cannot be on in the family room. He has to watch in his own room for the sake of our sanity...haha

Quoting melindabelcher: Rofl! Some movies are done really well so they don't feel like corny kids movies :) I can't stand disney jr or nick!! So many corny repeat shows.
Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Okay, I have to admit, I love Frozen. I can watch that all the time...hahaIn my mind, it isn't really a kids movie (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

Quoting melindabelcher: We don't go to the movies more then once ish a year! I would love to be able to take the kiddos to the movie. Last theater movie they went to was Toy Story 3 in summer 2010! I enjoyed it Last disney movie I watched was Frozen..on Sunday. The kiddos own it and its on demand so it is a frequent movie around here.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:52 AM

What about at home. Will you watch cartoons or a kiddie movie with your little ones at home?

Quoting momtimesx4:

momtimesx4
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I'll sometimes watch them along with them but they are usuaully more into them than I am.  But we don't let them watch too much TV, usually keep it to movie night.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

What about at home. Will you watch cartoons or a kiddie movie with your little ones at home?

Quoting momtimesx4:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:05 AM

We do that too. He has limited TV time but on movie night, we will pick something we can all watch and usually it is a kid movie.  :)

Quoting momtimesx4:

I'll sometimes watch them along with them but they are usuaully more into them than I am.  But we don't let them watch too much TV, usually keep it to movie night.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting momtimesx4:

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM

DH and I take DD to the theater to see a kiddie movie at least twice a year.  Last Christmas we went to go see Frozen and then for Spring break we went to see The Lego Movie.  I must admit in both cases I found the movies a little bit long.  I liked Frozen better than I did the Lego movie.  I guess I expected too much from Lego Movie, some of them I enjoy but I totally pass on the Barbie movies and stuff. 

at home we used to do family movie night about once a month.   We saw our fair share of kiddie movies. As DD is getting older, we can sneak in other more grown up movies - last FMN we did,  we watched Footloose (I completely forgot there was a shower scene where you could see guy's butts - woops my DD almost died of embarassement !) we also watched Gremlins etc.  They are doing a movies in the park near my house this week and showing Despicable me 2 - that, I'd sit through again...

RonaH
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:12 AM

My kid is a little older now so she is interested in a lot of movies i like which is nice. However I'm still a big kid and will sit through a kiddie movie in a heartbeat. So I guess its a win win for us both. We watch a movie together at least once a week be it at home or out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN