Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you use reward cards?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM
  • 32 Replies

SCORE!!

I have tons of rewards cards that I use when I go shopping. I mostly use my Kroger card when I buy groceries. Last month I had over 300 points. When I went to put gas yesterday, I  used my reward points and it was awesome! Gas is $3.22 a gallon. With my points I was able to get .30 off per gallon which made it $2.92 a gallon. I don't think I have paid less than $3 since 2008! It's the little things that make me happy....lol Now I am all like "Give me my rewards!"  LOL

I also use rewards cards at Toys R Us and at some restaurants we eat as well as the drugstore.

Do you use rewards cards? What was the best reward you got for using them?

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jblb
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Yay

I get free groceries with my debit and credit card!!
Jennyanne322
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Yeah I use them everywhere. The only place I never see a difference is baby r us/toys r us. I never get anything off from there or coupons in the mail.
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Do you have your rewards card at TRU/BRU linked to an email and not just phone number? I get my rewards coupons in my email. The last one I got was for $7.34 off my next purchase 

Quoting Jennyanne322: Yeah I use them everywhere. The only place I never see a difference is baby r us/toys r us. I never get anything off from there or coupons in the mail.

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:32 AM

I use one for the gas station, and get 10 cents off per gallon every so often.

Honestly, I find the cards a bit difficult to keep up with. For the most part I don't get them, and sometimes I don't remember that I have them. It's a nice idea, but if I can't keep it on my phone I'm not too likely to use it.

Jennyanne322
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I have it linked to both. I have never gotten any email for a reward like that. I have probably spent over a thousand dollars there in the last month or two.

Quoting Reina13:

Do you have your rewards card at TRU/BRU linked to an email and not just phone number? I get my rewards coupons in my email. The last one I got was for $7.34 off my next purchase 

Quoting Jennyanne322: Yeah I use them everywhere. The only place I never see a difference is baby r us/toys r us. I never get anything off from there or coupons in the mail.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM

That is crazy. Do you still have your receipts or have your receipts emailed to you? You should definitely call them and ask them because after spending that kind of money there is no way you shouldn't have substantial rewards coming back to you. 

Quoting Jennyanne322: I have it linked to both. I have never gotten any email for a reward like that. I have probably spent over a thousand dollars there in the last month or two.
Quoting Reina13:

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:54 AM

There an App for that!! LOL I have always wanted to say that. I  have an app on my phone that I use. I take a pictdure of the front of the card and a bar code and it automatically installs and stores the info in the app. When I shop, I simply open the app to the correct card/bar code and the cashier scans it. Before the app, honestly, using the cards was hit and miss for me because i had to remember to keep them in my wallet then I had to dig them out when paying. 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Honestly, I find the cards a bit difficult to keep up with. For the most part I don't get them, and sometimes I don't remember that I have them. It's a nice idea, but if I can't keep it on my phone I'm not too likely to use it.

Jennyanne322
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:55 AM
I have them emailed to me. I'll have to check and see what's going on with it.

Quoting Reina13:

That is crazy. Do you still have your receipts or have your receipts emailed to you? You should definitely call them and ask them because after spending that kind of money there is no way you shouldn't have substantial rewards coming back to you. 

Quoting Jennyanne322: I have it linked to both. I have never gotten any email for a reward like that. I have probably spent over a thousand dollars there in the last month or two.

Quoting Reina13:

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:59 AM

There are multiple apps that do that, but the store employees have to be able to scan them at the register... Otherwise you get up there and it turns into a total mess. I've had that happen to me more times than I can count, so now unless the store itself offers an app I just don't use it.

So like Starbucks has their own app for gift cards and rewards, and their POS system is set up to scan your phone easily. BJs (my bulk club) does not have this, and their system really struggles to scan something like the Key Card or Cardstar app. More trouble than it's worth.

My primary grocery store does not have a rewards card, thankfully. Actually none of the grocery stores in town have one now, which is fine with me! :)

Quoting Reina13:

There an App for that!! LOL I have always wanted to say that. I  have an app on my phone that I use. I take a pictdure of the front of the card and a bar code and it automatically installs and stores the info in the app. When I shop, I simply open the app to the correct card/bar code and the cashier scans it. Before the app, honestly, using the cards was hit and miss for me because i had to remember to keep them in my wallet then I had to dig them out when paying. 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

melindabelcher
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM
We use our stop and shop card to save money on gas.
We fill our wic there
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)