Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

i seriously need friends...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:41 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hey fellow moms! I seriously need friends. I moved from my home town to move in with my at the time fiance who is now my husband and its a totally new town about an hour from where I used to live. I have zero friends here... I don't know if I'm socially awkward but I have lived here for over a year and still know nobody. Of course I'm a stay at home mom so its not like I go to school or work so I have no way of meeting people. I'm just desperate for friends! Please help!
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Join a church.

Join a gym. (Still friends with one of my best friends ever from a seriously awkward connection made in our gym nursery that started with, "Hi I'm LorieAnn and I'm desperate for friends..." That was 7 years ago and we're still going strong.)

Join a moms/womens group that meets at a church during the school year (most provide childcare and often breakfast... bonus!)

Google "The Mommy Network" for your area and see if there is a local chapter.

Go to a local playground at the same time every week.

Go to children's events at the local library.

Put your kid(s) in a local preschool a couple days a week - I have tons of friends from my kids' preschool even though all our children have entered elementary and gone in totally different directions.

ambergem
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:58 PM
I'm in the same boat. SAHM of 4, ages 5 and under and battling situational depression because of it. Counselor suggested church. We went and liked the church but handling 4 LO's is so much during a quiet service, I'm just burnt out and ready to leave. No funds/childcare for a gym. Mommy's group I was excited about is pretty snobbish. No thank you. Back to the drawing board. Everyone keeps saying maybe when DS starts K this fall, I can meet other moms. How old are yours?
evemomoftwo
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Same here. I have 2. Oldest is 5. (girl) my son turns 3 in aug.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:24 PM
I have some acquaintances but not a lot of friends. I don't go out much though. I met a couple of people from my son's ball league and one from when he was in karate. How old are your kids?
melindabelcher
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Play groups
Library groups
Meet ups (website)
mommt2009
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I was in the same boat i was in a area that i knew no one had a child and worked all the time so no friends well i joined It Works global and started using the skinny wraps (Which are amazing by the way) and now i hae my own buisness i do on my own time and also have made a ton of friends and now have best friends not only in the town i live in but all over. I would suggest looking into something like this bc u get to make some amazing friendships and also become fincally able to do things u never thought u could. Has totaly changed my mind set :) 

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM
I cannot say enough good things about the different mommy groups as far as getting connected to your community... Story time at the public library. Open gyms at the community center. MOPS or other local church groups.
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I joined a group on Meetup and met some moms.  I do go to the library a lot and will strike up a conversation with another mom if they have kids similar age as mine. It's tough.  I was home with DD for over a year and half here before I made some friends here.  You can do it.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:43 AM

welcome to cafemomYou've come to the right place for a start anyway!

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Try finding a moms club, library, volunteer, church, walking club, etc to meet moms
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN