Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

dang kids don't stop growing piog

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:07 PM
  • 20 Replies

I got bored so I decided to look through my older daughters  pants to see what will fit her for when school starts. I wanted to count and see how many pairs she had to see if I needed to buy more. I figured I had enough since I like to try to buy ahead at yard sales and thrift stores and had a drawer full of jeans. I went through them and 4 pairs of the size 12 and 2 pairs of the size 14 are to small. So there went over half of the pants I had for her. Now I need to hopefully sell them so that i can but her some more that will fit her. I also have to try to find some long sleeve shirts for her since almost all of hers are to short. My son has out gorwn some of his shirts getting taller, but her weighs oretty much the same as he did last year so most of his fit, all though he has torn the knees out of most of them. that worrys me too that he hasn't gained or grown much. He is now 4' 9 1/2" and 78lbs. Melila is 4' 7" and 85lbs. My younger daughter won't stop growing either and is 50lbs and 3' 10". They are 11, almost 9 and almost 5.

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Oh man!!
Hopefully you find some great deals!
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:29 PM

There are some great sales right now.  I think Target is having jeans for $10 this week.

momtimesx4
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momofnatalie:

There are some great sales right now.  I think Target is having jeans for $10 this week.

They sure are 

And OP's almost 9 year old is bigger than my almost 11 year old.  Send those clothes on over here.

raczac
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I went to goodwill and found some really nice sruff that was gently used
othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Quoting melindabelcher: Oh man!! Hopefully you find some great deals!

I hope so. Now if I can get my camera to connect to my computer so i can post the pictures to sell.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Quoting momtimesx4:

Quoting momofnatalie:

They sure are 

And OP's almost 9 year old is bigger than my almost 11 year old.  Since those clothes on over here.

I waish we had a target here. I got one pair at Walmart a week or so ago, but they didn't have any more in the size I wanted. i bought a size up too from what i thought she would need and sure enough they fit her for this year. I will have to check again when we go grocery shopping thursday

othermom
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Quoting raczac: I went to goodwill and found some really nice sruff that was gently used

I will be checking thrift stores. I volunteer at one and will check there tomorrow while I volunteer and then will check the other ones. One has a $3 bag sale for clothes once a month, although I haven't had much luck for jeans there

raczac
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Thats awesome that they do the 3 dollar a bag sale.

Quoting othermom:

Quoting raczac: I went to goodwill and found some really nice sruff that was gently used

I will be checking thrift stores. I volunteer at one and will check there tomorrow while I volunteer and then will check the other ones. One has a $3 bag sale for clothes once a month, although I haven't had much luck for jeans there

TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:46 PM
I got ds new clothes last year for school and then he hit a growth spurt and outgrew ALL of his pants by Christmas! I made sure to buy his pants a little bigger this year.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:06 AM

They grow fast .. hope you find some good deals ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN