Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bad plane experiences?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 19 Replies
Have any bumpy rides? Horrible delays? Missed connections? Lost luggage? Rude airport staff?
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristanMitchael
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM
I've never been on a plane but dh has and he's had some long delays before.
EarlGrayHot
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Some bumpy rides but not bad.  Once when my daughter flew back from Japan to see us at Christmas she was on a flight that hit turbulence and suddenly dropped say a hundred feet and there was screaming around her.  Usually though it's screaming from kids whose parents did not properly prepare for the journey.

Last year I was trying to get to Wisconsin for a wedding and due to mechanical delays got diverted from Detroit, my stopover, to Minneapolis where we had another long delay and one guy was bitching at the lady at the counter as if SHE could maybe just run down into the plane and fix it herself at his command.  After he finished his rant I went over to her and told her to ignore him-he was an idiot.  She seemed relieved that other people thought so, too, but she was nice and very professional.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I think the worst one was when DH and I were do our commuter marriage where we would take turns seeing each other every other week.  I would fly one weekend and he would fly two weeks later.  I chose a 5 p.m. flight since I would get back in town about 6:15 and then it would take me 45 minutes to drive home.  Well the flight was late and then when we all boarded, we couldn't take off.  Apparently, the last person who boarded on the plane was a little tipsy and her DH was trying to get her to the seat.  The flight attendant tried to get them to deplane because she felt it was not safe for her to fly.  They refused to leave.  The captain came out and tried to get them off, they refused.  They called in airport security and four guards came on the plane.  The husband started going off and I hoped it wasn't going to get physical we were all sitting there with no where to go.  They dragged them off the plane.  I was in the third row and the kid sitting next to me started crying.  The lady across the aisle opened her bakalva to offer it to the kid, he knocked it from her and the sticky bakalva landed all over my lap.  Yes worse trip ever!

Barabell
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Fortunately, nothing out of the orginary. I've had a couple flights that were a little bumpy, and I've had crowded planes where no one was ins a good mood because it....LOL But nothing seriously bad.

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group. :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:03 AM

All the above but the last one ;)

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I've only ever been delayed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I've flown a lot. Had a few mildly bumpy rides, some short delays, a few missed connections, usually because the first plane was delayed because of weather or mechanical problems. Never any lost luggage, never had rude airport staff. I'm really surprised that more hasn't gone wrong. I don't like the inconvenience of flying, going through security, uncomfortable seats, waiting, etc., but I really can't complain about much going wrong. We once had a flight cancelled and I didn't like the convoluted flights they had as an alternative, so they put us up overnight at a hotel and gave us certificates for food. We were in Las Vegas...it was not a hardship to stay another day. lol

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:52 AM

When flying from Hawaii to LA there were a few bumps and stuff. Nothing horrible but of course not comforting when I'm flying alone with my 2 month old

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Oh no!!!!!!!!

Wow, how long did you date like that??

I was living states away when I met DH too. I traveled weekly for work and we started dating weekly when I was here. It was fun to look forward to seeing him.

Quoting momofnatalie:

I think the worst one was when DH and I were do our commuter marriage where we would take turns seeing each other every other week.  I would fly one weekend and he would fly two weeks later.  I chose a 5 p.m. flight since I would get back in town about 6:15 and then it would take me 45 minutes to drive home.  Well the flight was late and then when we all boarded, we couldn't take off.  Apparently, the last person who boarded on the plane was a little tipsy and her DH was trying to get her to the seat.  The flight attendant tried to get them to deplane because she felt it was not safe for her to fly.  They refused to leave.  The captain came out and tried to get them off, they refused.  They called in airport security and four guards came on the plane.  The husband started going off and I hoped it wasn't going to get physical we were all sitting there with no where to go.  They dragged them off the plane.  I was in the third row and the kid sitting next to me started crying.  The lady across the aisle opened her bakalva to offer it to the kid, he knocked it from her and the sticky bakalva landed all over my lap.  Yes worse trip ever!

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM
dh and I were dating and he was coing to my home in TX. Took off and just a few min later the violently rocked side to side like we felt like the wings were straight up and down

Pilot cones on and says sorry folks thats what happens when you are too to the plane taking off in front if you

hello thats what makes planes crash!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN