Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doll With Penis Called 'Inappropriate' by Uptight Parents​

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM
  • 43 Replies

Doll With Penis Called 'Inappropriate' by Uptight Parents​

by Mary Fischer

penis doll

Uh-oh. A new toy on the market has some parents all bent out of shape, all because it's anatomically correct, which is, you know -- scandalous!

The Toys R' Us doll has a penis, and is part of the You & Me Mommy Change My Diaper doll collection. And since the thing went on sale, Facebook has been blowing up with comments from parents who are deeming the doll to be "inappropriate," and "unnecessary."

Did I mention it also cries when its underpants are wet?

Yep. This thing is just about as realistic as plastic babies can possibly get.

And while this photo doesn't depict the actual doll, it gives you a good idea of what has people all in a tizzy.

penis doll

Boom! That's a penis, alright -- but is this really such a big deal? It's not like it's a life-sized doll of a grown man or something ... it's a baby. And the last time I checked, baby boys do have penises, so doesn't it kind of make sense for this thing to have one as opposed to taking off its diaper and finding ... nothing down there?

And given the young age of children who typically play with baby dolls, it's not like they're going to look at this toy and go, "OMG! It has a penis!" If anything, they won't even bat an eyelash, since they haven't yet learned to associate parts of the body with anything sexual.

The only reason this doll is at all controversial is because some parents are making it that way. As for whether or not I'd have a problem letting my child play with it? Nope. Not at all. Granted, maybe I'm a little bit biased because I have a boy, so seeing the same body part that he has would not faze him in the slightest -- but by the same token, I really doubt I'd have an issue with it if I had a daughter either. I'd honestly rather her ask me why her baby doll has different parts than she does than have her inqure as to why there are none. (Just sayin'.)

On that note, it's your turn to weigh in.

Do you find this doll offensive?

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no problem with these dolls. Our kids never had these, but we do have anatomically correct farm animal toys. That's what you get for buying toys at a farm store, lol
mewebb82
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Where was this doll 2 years ago? I had the hardest time finding a boy doll for my daughter when I was pregnant with her baby brother. I don't see it being offensive at all. It's a boy and boys in fact have a penis. I have to wonder if this is also one of those moms who would be appalled at the idea that my daughter is often in the room when I change my sons diaper.
DACIA79
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
If the doll doesn't have a penis. Then how do they explain the wet diaper.

TristanMitchael
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM
OMG not a penis! If I was having a boy I'd want one for DD to help explain boy parts to her. When I had DD I got the book "It's not the stork" to help explain the difference between boys and girls.
Tiff22Faith
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:58 PM

No. It is a part of life for boys to have penises so why can't dolls that are supposed to be boys have them as well? I think people are making a big deal about nothing. What are they going to do when their children choose to take A&P or human development or any other class that shows pictures of penises that are actually very detailed? Such a crazy thing to throw a fit over.

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM
I have an anatomically correct female doll both my son and daughter play with. This is no different. My grandma gave it to me when I was 8.
reche1978
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I dont like it but thats just me

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:05 PM

It doesn't bother me, I would want it to teach my 4 yr old the difference between boys and girls so it would be a great learning toy for her.

Barabell
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I don't find it offensive.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Not offensive .. called real life in the sense that baby boys have a penis ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)