Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Wild dream

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have always wanted to open my own coffee shop but I don't know how to go about it. What kind of costs roughly you think it would take? Does it sound far fetched?
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Sounds fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I think I would have take some classes on business management before starting my own business... I have worked in coffee shops before, and they are really great businesses! But running any kind of business does require developing a business plan, having some management and finance skills, and so on. I don't know your background, but I might start there before beginning to count costs, etc.

Good luck to you!

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 2:05 AM

It sounds fun! But I bet there are tons of costs and things I can't even think of now :/

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Sounds like a great idea. As far as cost etc. that is going to depend on your towns zoning laws,business license and of course meeting the food inspector and fire restrictions etc. Good Luck!good

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM

No clue. i think it can be possible in the right place and right business set up

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 9:50 PM

It's quite expensive to open a business, especially a food business. You might want to try working in a coffee shop and that would help you find out a little of what is involved. Then take some business management classes. You need to have enough money saved for rent (many places require 6 months up front), equipment, supplies, plus business licenses, insurance, bookkeeper, food handlers classes, fire safety equipment, advertising, and I'm sure I've forgotten some expenses.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Sounds awesome!  You should go for it if you can :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)