Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Decorating kid's rooms

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

How do you decorat kids rooms so that they are fun but still budget friendly?

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lcplaygroupie
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Clearance stuff mostly. Also using a broad theme helps too. My daughters room is kind of a garden theme so lots of flowers, butterflies, etc. and colors are purples, pinks, greens have been easy to match to. My sons is planets and space because he had planets, globe, shuttle stuff already and it all kinda goes together.
wandep
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM

We did two different types of colors (paint). 1 color on two walls. Also, bought those removable decals.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Clearance things, thrift stores finds, garage sale finds, DIY :) We've gotten some really cute things for his room through estate sales and auctions too! Or things mil randomly gets at her work likes posters for movies (he has a cars poster she got for free!)

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Paint, cute sheets.. Let them help. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Good ideas. Thanks.

Quoting lcplaygroupie: Clearance stuff mostly. Also using a broad theme helps too. My daughters room is kind of a garden theme so lots of flowers, butterflies, etc. and colors are purples, pinks, greens have been easy to match to. My sons is planets and space because he had planets, globe, shuttle stuff already and it all kinda goes together.

virginiamama71
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM

thrift stores and freecyle

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:11 PM

you'd be surprised at the stuff you can find for a discounted price online !   For my DD's room we repainted (Glidden paint $17)  I bought Monster high decals online ($20) with free shipping, gave her the bedding as a christmas gift.

You'd be shocked, I just bought my MIL's christmas gift last week !  I found a Duck Dynasty comforter on sale at Walmart online for like $19.99 instead of $49 !  Why ? I don't know, the sheets are still full price but the comforter was on sale.  

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Good deals!

Quoting Jinxed8:

you'd be surprised at the stuff you can find for a discounted price online !   For my DD's room we repainted (Glidden paint $17)  I bought Monster high decals online ($20) with free shipping, gave her the bedding as a christmas gift.

You'd be shocked, I just bought my MIL's christmas gift last week !  I found a Duck Dynasty comforter on sale at Walmart online for like $19.99 instead of $49 !  Why ? I don't know, the sheets are still full price but the comforter was on sale.  

Clubpenguin
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Sales. We are decorating now because they're switching rooms. Today we went to annas linens for curtains because its cheaper than target. Last week we got bins to match the new at walmart for $5 and $3. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM

They have nice decals you can put on the wall now. Bedding on sale. Garage sale items. Dollar store, has some nice things too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)