Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:39 AM
  • 240 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you ever have those days when you are frazzled and everything seems so overwhelming?
I was like that yesterday. We had unexpected things come up and my son was being particularly clingy, by the end of the day all I could think was, thank GOODNESS school starts soon!

I had visions of that old Staples commercial running through my head of the dad happily buying school supplies with "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" playing in the background...haha

I never really feel like that. I enjoy our summers and time with my son, but yesterday, I was really looking forward to August 12th!

Are YOU ready for back to school?

Are your kids ready?

When do they start and what grade will they be entering?

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I registered my son for school this past week and went to buy new uniforms since he outgrew the ones he was wearing in the Spring.

I will miss having him with me during the day but we are all ready for him to go back. Himself included. He likes school so he is looking forward to it.

I still have a few supplies left to buy but for the most part, we are ready.
We are going to enjoy this last week of vacation with fun activities and mentally prepping for back to school.

wandep
Feeling excited for the New Year! :)
Yesterday at 7:03 PM
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Yes, I am so ready for back to school. We don't start back till August 18 tho. :(  My kids will be in 3rd and 5th grade. Kids aren't so ready to go back yet. LOL

wandep
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM

What grade is he in?

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I registered my son for school this past week and went to buy new uniforms since he outgrew the ones he was wearing in the Spring.

I will miss having him with me during the day but we are all ready for him to go back. Himself included. He likes school so he is looking forward to it.

I still have a few supplies left to buy but for the most part, we are ready. We are going to enjoy this last week of vacation with fun activities and mentally prepping for back to school.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:51 AM

When we were in Texas, our school district didn't start until the last week of August. They literally went to school for about a week before the long Labor Day weekend.
Here in Kansas, they start next week. It is earlier than we are used to but I do like them getting out earlier in May too.

Is your schools broken down into a Primary and an Intermediate school or is it just one elementary school? I ask because of the grade levels your kids are in. 

Quoting wandep:

Yes, I am so ready for back to school. We don't start back till August 18 tho. :(  My kids will be in 3rd and 5th grade. Kids aren't so ready to go back yet. LOL

virginiamama71
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Are YOU ready for back to school? Yes

Are your kids ready? yes he is

When do they start and what grade will they be entering? the day after Labor day and my son will be in the 6th grade

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM

He will be in 4th grade. He is in a categorical ID (special ed) class for a large part of the day. He goes with his assigned mainstream class for specials (art, pe, music, computer lab) and reading.

Quoting wandep:

What grade is he in?

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I still have a few supplies left to buy but for the most part, we are ready. We are going to enjoy this last week of vacation with fun activities and mentally prepping for back to school.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I like when schools start after Labor Day. I don't know of many schools that still start that late anymore. What state are you in?

Quoting virginiamama71:

When do they start and what grade will they be entering? the day after Labor day and my son will be in the 6th grade

wandep
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM

My son just got finished with 4th grade. It was a bit different from 3rd. I guess they are trying to get you ready for 5th grade. My son will have to change classes this year. Thank goodness we have a small school. :)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

He will be in 4th grade. He is in a categorical ID (special ed) class for a large part of the day. He goes with his assigned mainstream class for specials (art, pe, music, computer lab) and reading.

Quoting wandep:

What grade is he in?

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

virginiamama71
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Virginia

Our County had tried 2 years in a row starting the last week of August, than decided after Labor day was the best time for a start date.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I like when schools start after Labor Day. I don't know of many schools that still start that late anymore. What state are you in?

Quoting virginiamama71:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

The school we are in right now is pretty big but he has a para with him anytime he leaves the ID classroom so it isn't overwhelming for him.

We are going to buy a house soon and he will have to transfer to another school. When I met with the staff at the school he could be going to, they told me that with him being in 4th grade, he will be in the Intermediate building. That is going to be a change from what he is used to.

Quoting wandep:

My son just got finished with 4th grade. It was a bit different from 3rd. I guess they are trying to get you ready for 5th grade. My son will have to change classes this year. Thank goodness we have a small school. :)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting wandep:

What grade is he in?

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN