Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Babysitting blues

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm in a pickle !!

So this coming Saturday and Sunday we are going to a large outdoor concert thing with 3 friends of ours who are coming from out of town to do this with us.  Concert is from 12h30pm to 10h30pm.  DD is with us that weekend, I RARELY have DD babysat so I only have 1 sitter on call and this weekend, she can't.  

I have already mentionned to her dad that if he wanted to take her,  he could,  but he ignored my message (also I don't want to ask him for a favor)  My parents would also be willing (I'm pretty sure) but here's the thing, my parents live about 20 miles away and are on route to the concert location but :  My car only fits 5 people hence, if DD rides with all of us so I can drop her off at my parents, there is 1 person too many in the car.  Otherwise I will have to do an almost 1 hour round trip to drop her off and go back home and pick up my people.  Also aside for the concert, my visitors want to spend time with DD and DD wants to spend time with them so it's not like I can send her off to a sleepover either.  GRRRRR  . 

So I'm down to asking DD's friend's mom to keep DD for the day or finding another sitter I can trust for 12 hours with my kid ...    

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Take two cars to the concert so that you can drop your daughter off with your parents and pick her up on the way back. Then everyone can spend time with your daughter before and after the concert

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I think that's what I"m gonna have to do !  No choice.  We'll take 2 cars up to my parent's house drop DD off and then, take off with 1 car to the concert.  Also honestly it would be nice to save on the babysitting fees.

Quoting othermom:

Take two cars to the concert so that you can drop your daughter off with your parents and pick her up on the way back. Then everyone can spend time with your daughter before and after the concert

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Are your parents willing to drive to your home?
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I don't know - I feel bad enough asking my parents to babysit 12 hours ... I HATE being stuck like this. I guess we will take 2 vehicules, drive there, drop off DD and  1 car and then go.  

Quoting ablackdolphin: Are your parents willing to drive to your home?

wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Yesterday at 9:39 AM
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd do the two car thing. :) Hope you all have fun.

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM
I agree

Quoting wandep:

I'd do the two car thing. :) Hope you all have fun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:12 AM

this :)

Quoting othermom:

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:31 AM

:/ Good luck!

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I hope you have a fun time with your friends at the concert. It sounds like you have a good solution with driving DD separately to your parents' house, although I know it's not your preference... It's very nice that they live so close and are able to do it.

When we went to a concert last year, we did have DS sleep over at a very good family friend's house. It worked out fine, and that way he didn't have to get up late when we came home, but I understand that might not work in your situation.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Thanks - this should be fun !! We go every year.  I think we'll drive up in 2 differents cars, stop at my parents, drop DD off, leave one of the cars there and all go in 1 car to the concert.  That being said, I have to check with my parents if they even CAN !!  Because all my other options are failing at this point ... I'm really up sh!t creek ...

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I hope you have a fun time with your friends at the concert. It sounds like you have a good solution with driving DD separately to your parents' house, although I know it's not your preference... It's very nice that they live so close and are able to do it.

When we went to a concert last year, we did have DS sleep over at a very good family friend's house. It worked out fine, and that way he didn't have to get up late when we came home, but I understand that might not work in your situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN