Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm in a pickle !!

So this coming Saturday and Sunday we are going to a large outdoor concert thing with 3 friends of ours who are coming from out of town to do this with us.  Concert is from 12h30pm to 10h30pm.  DD is with us that weekend, I RARELY have DD babysat so I only have 1 sitter on call and this weekend, she can't.  

I have already mentionned to her dad that if he wanted to take her,  he could,  but he ignored my message (also I don't want to ask him for a favor)  My parents would also be willing (I'm pretty sure) but here's the thing, my parents live about 20 miles away and are on route to the concert location but :  My car only fits 5 people hence, if DD rides with all of us so I can drop her off at my parents, there is 1 person too many in the car.  Otherwise I will have to do an almost 1 hour round trip to drop her off and go back home and pick up my people.  Also aside for the concert, my visitors want to spend time with DD and DD wants to spend time with them so it's not like I can send her off to a sleepover either.  GRRRRR  . 

So I'm down to asking DD's friend's mom to keep DD for the day or finding another sitter I can trust for 12 hours with my kid ...    

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Replies (11-11):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Crisis averted, I called my mom this morning and I asked her if I was stuck if she could take DD one of the days and she said "bring her to me both days, don't worry about a thing. 

On Friday I had planned to pull DD out of camp and for all 6 of us to go on the town and visit different spots, a friend of mine offered to meet us and play tourist guide (which is awesome because she knows downtown like the back of her hand) My mom also offered to have me and my friends stop over on Friday on our way back from activities downtown.  Everything will work out perfect - I save on babysitting fees, DD will be safe and well taken care of, we'll do the 2 car thing and make it work !

Everything was looking bleak there for a minute but everything has now fallen into place and it's shaping up to be an awesome weekend !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN