Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Destraught Mother

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello, I am seeking some help other to mother. I have two children and live in NY. My little boy is 3 and daughter is 14. Two weeks ago my sister went behind my back and made many false allegations about my fiance and I so she could take my children! I always thoght you needed an open case of CPS or some info as to why before your children could be removed from custody. Pls help if anyone has been in situation or something like it. I am a good mother and miss my children don't know where to turn. Thanks

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wandep
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Welcome to the group. I'm not sure but good luck. I think I'd call a lawyer and talk to them about the situation. 

Mandy270429
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:24 PM
What are the accusations? Depends ...do you know for sure they are false? Is it molestation or abuse ? Did your children come to her for help? ... Is she doing this to be mean?
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you need a lawyer
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:44 PM
This ((hugs)) mama.

Quoting Mandy270429: What are the accusations? Depends ...do you know for sure they are false? Is it molestation or abuse ? Did your children come to her for help? ... Is she doing this to be mean?
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Ditto to all the advice telling you to get an attorney.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM

I am so sorry.  I would go and find an attorney to help you.  Are they allowing you at least supervised visitations?  Did they tell you that they are investigating now and will return the kids if the report is unfounded?  I would call the caseworker to get more info, and then contact the lawyer.  If you have evidence to disprove the allegations, I would bring that to the lawyer too.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:06 PM

What did they tell you the allegations were? Did they tell you what changes you need to make to get your kids back? Normally they take statements from kids over the age of 12. I hope this works out for the best for everyone involved.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Welcome to the group,
Sorry to hear this happened,
First thing to do would be get a lawyer.
He can find out what was said.
Hugs to you & let us know what happens :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN