Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

why

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:06 PM
  • 31 Replies
Is it ok my one year old isnt standing or walking or talking
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barbie_girl870
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:08 PM

i am not a dr but i think something is going on my son met his milestones late as well but not as let as a year you might want to take him to the dr

Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I mean my other son wasn't crawling till a year and a hafe.. I dont know just worried

Quoting barbie_girl870:

i am not a dr but i think something is going on my son met his milestones late as well but not as let as a year you might want to take him to the dr

kellysparkles
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:10 PM

It's not abnormal that he isn't walking or talking, but I'd be concerned about standing.  Is he trying to do any of these things?

Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:13 PM
He babbles a lot .. he acts like he is going to stand but doesn't

Quoting kellysparkles:

It's not abnormal that he isn't walking or talking, but I'd be concerned about standing.  Is he trying to do any of these things?

kellysparkles
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I don't mean to sound condescending so I'm very sorry if it comes off that way, but do you help him try to stand or walk?  Does he pull himself up on things?  He should have a routine checkup nearby, I'd definitely talk to your ped about it.  As long as he wants to and is showing interest, though, I think that's a good sign :)

Quoting Emmybrown: He babbles a lot .. he acts like he is going to stand but doesn't
Quoting kellysparkles:

Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:19 PM
No you didn't come off like that. ..I help him but he wont put weight on them...no he doesn't pull him self up

Quoting kellysparkles:

I don't mean to sound condescending so I'm very sorry if it comes off that way, but do you help him try to stand or walk?  Does he pull himself up on things?  He should have a routine checkup nearby, I'd definitely talk to your ped about it.  As long as he wants to and is showing interest, though, I think that's a good sign :)

Quoting Emmybrown: He babbles a lot .. he acts like he is going to stand but doesn't

Quoting kellysparkles:

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Milestones for babies happen in a time range, as I know you know already... But I agree with PP that it's concerning he isn't standing. Do you have a well child check soon? Could you schedule one if not? I'd start by talking with your pediatrician.

Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:11 PM
I think im going to wait for a little. . Maybe he just isn't ready

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Milestones for babies happen in a time range, as I know you know already... But I agree with PP that it's concerning he isn't standing. Do you have a well child check soon? Could you schedule one if not? I'd start by talking with your pediatrician.

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:21 PM

You said he's showing interest and trying to pull up? That's a good sign. He may get there very soon.

Quoting Emmybrown: I think im going to wait for a little. . Maybe he just isn't ready
Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Im hopeing

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

You said he's showing interest and trying to pull up? That's a good sign. He may get there very soon.

Quoting Emmybrown: I think im going to wait for a little. . Maybe he just isn't ready

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)