Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Go to stores?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:34 AM
  • 15 Replies

What are some of your go to stores? Do you have different go to stores for different things?

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I try to only grocery shop at one store: Hannaford. Otherwise, it really depends on what I'm looking for. Clothing for me, I'm a big fan of Target and Kohls, along with Horny Toad. Clothing for DS and DH, they are fine with Target and Kohls, but I also find stuff for them at Walmart, LLBean, Old Navy...

wandep
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Dh usually goes to Sam's Club, Walmart, or Publix when he grocery shops. Sometimes we go to Winn Dixie.

Clothes shopping we hit up Kohl's, Target, and if we are school shopping we go to the mall or places like Old Navy, Belk, Dillards.

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I like to go to all the grocery stores in my town. I rotate them. When I visit my dad, we always go to Sam's. We have a small mall and I like to go to The Children's Place and Gap. For me, I also like Bath and Body Works/Victoria's Secret. I always catch them when they have their semi annual sales and Maurice's. Every once in a while, I do find good deals at Dillards or JC Penny. I tend to go to Target over Walmart. Target always seems less crowded than Walmart even when their parking lot has a lot of cars. Plus I live closer to Target.

I like Old Navy and Carter's but we don't have one in the town I live in.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I love going to different places all the time.  For clothes shopping, Gymboree, Crazy 8, Ross, Old Navy, Target and Marshalls are fun places to look for bargains. 

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Target
Walmart
Aldi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM

It depends on what I'm after. Groceries is Walmart. School supplies is Walmart. School clothes this year is Kmart, Child's Place, Old Navy, Marshalls. I like Clothes mentor for me and Christopher & banks. HSN, QVC.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:29 AM

What is a Hannaford?

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I try to only grocery shop at one store: Hannaford. Otherwise, it really depends on what I'm looking for. Clothing for me, I'm a big fan of Target and Kohls, along with Horny Toad. Clothing for DS and DH, they are fine with Target and Kohls, but I also find stuff for them at Walmart, LLBean, Old Navy...

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Sounds like good places to shop! do you get better deals at one store over another?

Quoting wandep:

Dh usually goes to Sam's Club, Walmart, or Publix when he grocery shops. Sometimes we go to Winn Dixie.

Clothes shopping we hit up Kohl's, Target, and if we are school shopping we go to the mall or places like Old Navy, Belk, Dillards.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you have a good system worked out!

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

I like to go to all the grocery stores in my town. I rotate them. When I visit my dad, we always go to Sam's. We have a small mall and I like to go to The Children's Place and Gap. For me, I also like Bath and Body Works/Victoria's Secret. I always catch them when they have their semi annual sales and Maurice's. Every once in a while, I do find good deals at Dillards or JC Penny. I tend to go to Target over Walmart. Target always seems less crowded than Walmart even when their parking lot has a lot of cars. Plus I live closer to Target.

I like Old Navy and Carter's but we don't have one in the town I live in.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:32 AM

Good list! Those are almost all places I go to too

Quoting Janet:

It depends on what I'm after. Groceries is Walmart. School supplies is Walmart. School clothes this year is Kmart, Child's Place, Old Navy, Marshalls. I like Clothes mentor for me and Christopher & banks. HSN, QVC.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN