Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I grew this!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM
  • 78 Replies
4 moms liked this

My cucumbers have been going crazy lately! These are slicing cukes, but I've also had pounds of pickling cucumbers... Let's just say we're going to be having pickles for quite a while to come. :)

Who else has a garden this year? What have you been harvesting lately? I'd love to see pics!

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM

looks good

I love cucumber salad.

MaineMammax2
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Very nice! We have a garden with tons of veggies. I'm going to be making pickles this week. We never ever have enough!
othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats great!

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:38 AM
What do you put in cucumber salad? I have a recipe that uses cous cous, but I'm always open to new ideas.

Quoting virginiamama71:

looks good

I love cucumber salad.

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:40 AM
What kind of pickles are you doing? So far I've done refrigerator garlic dill, and canned sweet garlic dill and classic dill... Can you tell we like dill pickles? Lol!

Quoting MaineMammax2: Very nice! We have a garden with tons of veggies. I'm going to be making pickles this week. We never ever have enough!
MaineMammax2
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:43 AM
I make dilly beans and garlic dill. We have had 36 quarts and that has not been enough! I will do one small batch of bread and butters but the majority is dill.
grneyedormom
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I have an over abundance of tomatoes and purple carrots right now! Picked my first zucchini yesterday, a few more are coming soon too!
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM

we did a garden this year - I grew lettuce, brocoli, tomatoes, cabbage, onions, corn and herbs - we already harvested all the lettuce and brocoli - we are doing brocoli side shoots now , tomatoes are starting, cabbage is crowning, corn is a bust ... my garden is too small we have 3 stalks and 5-6 little ears of corn right now but DH says it won't be good.  Onions we planted too close together. so I'll harvest them as pearl onions.  Herbs are doing really good except for the basil, it's looking pathetic, the garden is overtaken by weeds right now but it's yielding veggies anyways so I'm happy !

wandep
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Looks great. They look huge!

aehutmacher
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:02 PM
What's the diff between the two?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN