Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mom of 4 young adults with total of 6 grandkids

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi  am a mom of 4 young adults   range from the ages of 25  22  21  and 19    have  total of 6  grandkids  ranging from  6, 5, 4. 3 1  and 8 months     need advice on 2 of the grand kids that  just  moved into my  home with thier mother  who is 25 and and expected another child  her boys  are 5 and 3  and they  do not listen to  their mom or to  myself   she tried everything  from time out and taking thier stuff away  they  still  do the same thing that  got them into  trouble.   They  have nasty  mouths too   they  call their  a b  and use other foul words as well.   Need help I  done all I can to  help but I am not home all the time do to I  work   She cant work right now, she is high  risk,   

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
virginiamama71
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Family counseling/therapy is a start.

sonshining
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw gee, tough on you. And do you have a husband living with you? Time for tough love for your daughter, she's 25, a Mom, and I don't know about her high risk, but she can't have you raising her family. The fact that they are disobediant, rude and disrescpectful says they are not being disciplined AT ALL BY ANYONE. Where is their dad? I can't stress enough, you have to set down some rules if they will continue living with you, It is YOUR house, so NO back talk and bad words. Set those boundaries. Yes, family counsleing would help, check out with social services and such as they can be expensive. Or perhaps a church would have a referral. Best of luck, and stand strong. Don't allow your daughter to mooch and her kids to try and rule YOUR HOUSE AND YOUR LIFE.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 1:45 PM

at ages 5 and 3 - there's no good reason for such rotten behavior - they are still young enough to be "molded" the right way.   I don't know does Nanny 911 still exist ?

wandep
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Welcome to the group.

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Start by implementing a schedule (keep the kids busy) & limit any screen time. Works wonders for my little ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Welcome to the group,
Along with counseling .. keep taking things away, ground them, give them consequences for bad behavior ..

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Yes, i agree. Don't allow this behavior in your home.

Quoting sonshining:

Aw gee, tough on you. And do you have a husband living with you? Time for tough love for your daughter, she's 25, a Mom, and I don't know about her high risk, but she can't have you raising her family. The fact that they are disobediant, rude and disrescpectful says they are not being disciplined AT ALL BY ANYONE. Where is their dad? I can't stress enough, you have to set down some rules if they will continue living with you, It is YOUR house, so NO back talk and bad words. Set those boundaries. Yes, family counsleing would help, check out with social services and such as they can be expensive. Or perhaps a church would have a referral. Best of luck, and stand strong. Don't allow your daughter to mooch and her kids to try and rule YOUR HOUSE AND YOUR LIFE.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:26 AM

Oh dear :/ family counseling was a good idea that was mentioned

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN