Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

When the kids are away....how do you play?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:31 PM
  • 28 Replies

Just wondering what other moms do and how they spend free time with hubby/significant other when the kids are with grandparents or relatives for a night or two. Fresh ideas can never hurt a marriage. Share your ideas and gather some new ideas from others. So let's see what you got? Who thinks they have the best idea? How would you rate your last "free night"? what would you do differently next time? Nothing is too big or too small, so share it all! Let's see it ladies! Rock the comment board!

I wanted to say thank you all for your wonderful replies to my post! Wonderful times and memories being made! IT'S AWESOME!

ttc

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurboMom81
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Video games
SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
We usually go out with friends.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:08 AM

We are EN's so they are always away, LOL

MixedCooke
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

go play pool, go bowling, ice skating, movies, moonlight walk on the beach, etc.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Video games! A few hours of Diablo III or Call of Duty is always fun. Or watching amovie/show. Or just sitting around together is nice.

lovinmykiddo07
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Very rarely do we not have our son with us. We don't have a lot of people up here, so we find things to do that the three of us can enjoy. Every once in a great while we will ask a friend to babysit for a couple hours so we can do dinner & a movie or something. 
I'm going to Seattle tomorrow, and SO will be home with DS. Dinner with friends tomorrow & Lady Gaga concert Friday. Then I'll come home Saturday afternoon. I'm already feeling super anxious. lol Not that I don't trust his dad, its just I ALWAYS have him so when I do stuff for myself, especially over night, I feel guilty.  

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Last night we had a mini sex marathon after he got home from work. I give it a 5 star rating. ;)
dlsdmsdns
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Thank you all for your replies. Those are some awesome things to do! What is the wierdest thing you've done when the kids are awayconfused just because you had the free time to do so????

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh & I have our 14 yr old granddaughter living with us part time. Right now she's with her dad and stepmom, so we've been running around the house naked. lol We spend time with friends who don't have any little ones at home, going out to dinner, concerts, etc. We can stay out late and sleep in late!  We can leave our bedroom door open, and get noisy in the middle of the day if the mood strikes! We also enjoy watching movies and tv programs that are too adult for her.

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

we gets nights from the kids a few times a year., We could do it more often, but don't. We go to dinner, go for walks, ect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)