Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What's the craziest or funkiest thing you've done to you hair? Bright rainbow hair? Chopped it all off for a pixie cut? Tell me your drastic hair changes!

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
JIJsMom
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:17 AM
I did it because I wanted to. lol. You have no idea how awesome it is to not have to worry about your hair every day! Unfortunately, I have a crappy head shape, so it didn't look the greatest from the sides or back. lol.

Quoting melliburger:

Did you do it for a particular reason or just because?

Quoting JIJsMom: I completely shaved my head in high school.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:44 PM

My hair was long enough to sit on when my first baby was born. It took too much time to take care of it.  I had it all cut off into a very short cut and had the hair made into a hairpiece so I could wear it in what looked like an updo for special occasions.

1RedHottMama
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM
I dye my hair a different crazy color about once a month. In the last six months it has been hot pink, eggplant purple, neon yellow, neon blue and now fire engine red and black it's almost time to change colors again. In the 80's my hair looked like Slash from Guns & Roses except I'm a natural redhead. I don't think that most people would even recognize me with my natural haircolor. I have been dying it like this for years. My hair is waist length and takes about nine hours to strip out an old color, dye it, dry it and flatiron it.
melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Wow that's long!!! THat's interesting that you had it made into a hairpiece :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

My hair was long enough to sit on when my first baby was born. It took too much time to take care of it.  I had it all cut off into a very short cut and had the hair made into a hairpiece so I could wear it in what looked like an updo for special occasions.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:45 AM

That's awesome!!!! I really want my hair to be green and blue and stuff. I just don't want to do it myself I"m scared I'll mess it up super bad!

Quoting 1RedHottMama: I dye my hair a different crazy color about once a month. In the last six months it has been hot pink, eggplant purple, neon yellow, neon blue and now fire engine red and black it's almost time to change colors again. In the 80's my hair looked like Slash from Guns & Roses except I'm a natural redhead. I don't think that most people would even recognize me with my natural haircolor. I have been dying it like this for years. My hair is waist length and takes about nine hours to strip out an old color, dye it, dry it and flatiron it.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I thought it would be a way of keeping my long hair, and it was really expensive to have it done, but it was really a waste of money because I probably only used it a couple of times.

Quoting melliburger:

Wow that's long!!! THat's interesting that you had it made into a hairpiece :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

kit_manson
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:57 AM
It's been pink, hot pink, fire truck red, cherry red, orange, purple, violet, dark blue, aqua/turquoise, white blond, medium blond, chestnut brown, black, "raven" which was a black with gold, green and blue sheens, auburn, dark auburn, and various combinations of those colours.
frankiesma530
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I'm not very adventurous with my hair. I cut it for a shorter bob. That's about it. lol

momof2cuteboys
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I chopped it off to a pixie cut.  I liked it for about 5 seconds.  I've also been a platinum blond, brunette, red head and black.  I tried letting it go grey but that just wasn't cool in my early 30's. LOL

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:39 PM
turned it orange once and purple once
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN