Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

first grade

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM
  • 36 Replies
My daughter starts first grade August 19th. And her school hasn't sent me anything. . I called and they said to come bye and look on the front door to see who her teacher is really wtf.. but yet my son starts kindergarten August 25th and they have had meeting and greet and meet and stuff in the mail. . Ughh
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM

They usually send a list of of school supplies so you can take advantage of the sales. I think I would call back and ask them about that.

iamcafemom83
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM
My daughter also starts first grade this year, August 18th:)
Her school also does the teacher list on the door. I have driven by twice and still do not see it! I'm going to have to call or stop by during office hours.
Last year, her K teacher turned out to be a friend of mine, so that's how I found out lol
Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:44 PM
I did ask and they said nothing

Quoting Janet:

They usually send a list of of school supplies so you can take advantage of the sales. I think I would call back and ask them about that.

Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Oh wow that's funny they both start school around the same time n both do the door thing.. where are you from? ??

Quoting iamcafemom83: My daughter also starts first grade this year, August 18th:)
Her school also does the teacher list on the door. I have driven by twice and still do not see it! I'm going to have to call or stop by during office hours.
Last year, her K teacher turned out to be a friend of mine, so that's how I found out lol
iamcafemom83
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:03 PM
And here I thought our school was a bit odd with the door thing lol I am in Florida.

Quoting Emmybrown: Oh wow that's funny they both start school around the same time n both do the door thing.. where are you from? ??

Quoting iamcafemom83: My daughter also starts first grade this year, August 18th:)
Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Ok im from pa.. yea I think the door thing is very odd

Quoting iamcafemom83: And here I thought our school was a bit odd with the door thing lol I am in Florida.

Quoting Emmybrown: Oh wow that's funny they both start school around the same time n both do the door thing.. where are you from? ??

wandep
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I think I'd call again...ask to speak to someone different. Maybe the principal or Vice principal.

Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM
I just might

Quoting wandep:

I think I'd call again...ask to speak to someone different. Maybe the principal or Vice principal.

wandep
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Yeah, usually secretaries don't know that stuff. LOL If the school has a website you could email the teacher too.

Quoting Emmybrown: I just might
Quoting wandep:

virginiamama71
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Check on the website.

And also call or go by and speak to the Principal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)