Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Fun back to school accessories!

By ReneeJRoss on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:00 AM

When thinking about back to school I am always keeping in mind fun. The little details count and can be a really big deal for kids! I really believe this and keep it in mind when I am choosing back to school accessories for my son. One of the things that I do is purchase a new lunchbox for my son at the start of the school year.

He now has a collection of lunch boxes that he can choose from on a daily basis. I am always on the hunt for a lunch box that not only reflects his personal style but also features his favorite characters. I generally locate licensed merchandise but also look for the whimsical too!

Past lunch boxes have included Spiderman, Monsters University, The Avengers, and even a cute frog lunch box that unrolls for a picnic or outdoor lunch. I have found that paying attention to details like a lunch box really do make the experience more enjoyable for my son. He has ALWAYS been a picky eater so anything I can do to entice him to not only open his lunch box but eat the food within wins with me!

But wait, I don’t stop with the lunch box.  My son also gets a new backpack every school year. Like the lunch boxes he also has a collection of backpacks but I find that they have infinite uses so we can never have too many. I stick to my theme of finding his favorite characters and he uses his older ones for things like packing for sleepovers with friends, traveling and filling with his favorite toys and books, and swimming.

My son has fun and style all in one with his school accessories. From head to toe - clothes, lunch box and backpack. He loves being the “cool kid” because mom ensures he looks unique in his dress and has the fun and latest accessories. I just realized I haven’t purchased a hat for him this year and I’m not talking baseball cap! Guess I need to take this fun and funky thing up a notch!

Tell me, what type of accessories to you add to your back to school shopping list to make things fun and funky?

ReneeJRoss About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • LaniBee
  • by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:41 AM
  • My youngest DD is all about the clothes this year, but she also likes to pick out colorful accessories (notebooks and pens in different colors).

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)