Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Am I wrong?????

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM
  • 20 Replies

So Tuesday I got woken by a phone call from my mom to tell me my grandma had passed away earlier that morning. My response was are you kidding me right? I didnt mean to say it but I knew that in just a few hours my DH and I were about to enter in to the toughest battle yet for SS. I cried for just a few seconds then I had to choke it down and turn off my emotions for court. Since then I still havent had time to deal with it because of all the other stuff on my plate.My plate is so full I cant findf the time to grieve for my Grandma. We were very close we went to bingo every Thursday and I took care of her for the entire year my DH was deployed so its not like she is one of those grandparents you only see on holidays. Im sitting here at her houe surronded by my family and they are all torn up and I jsut keep thinking she is going to wake uo from her nap anytime now. I want to grieve fro her but for some reason I cant. This is the 5th person I have lost in 3 years. I feel bad for not grieveing. I have had to push my feeling aside to stay strong for my family for so long Im not sure I cant turn them back on. I just am at a loss..

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Aww sorry for your loss,
with so much going on in your life right now I would say it's normal.
When things settle down imagine you will have yourself a good cry
Hugs to you hon :)

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 12:12 AM

You will grieve when it is time. Losing a loved one is hard.  Not everyone grieves in the same way at the same time.  

I know that in 1993 when my family lost my grandma and grandpa as well as my father, each one of us grieved in a different way.  All three of these deaths happened within a seven month period of time.  I have no idea how my Mom dealt with losing her Mom, Dad and Husband in that time frame.  She also had to put down a dog that she had for almost 19 years.  I know I was heartbroken. It isn't easy.

I am sorry for your loss.

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:25 AM

I'm sorry for your loss :(

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:45 AM

im sorryhugsAlways remember she is still with you in your heart...

MyHeartDA
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I'm the same way woth my Grandma, she is like my best friend and she is not doing well.  Idk, like everyone else said grieving process goes in different orders for everyone, but your'e a strong woman and if your just blocking those sad feeling right now it's ok, when it's time you will cry, but everything will be alright just remember all the time and advice and all that stuff she and you shared. Prayers are with you.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss! I believe it will hit you eventually, and you will let it out. Like you said you have so much going on it doesn't seem real to you. When it finally does I imagine you will feel differently. Take care hun. I hope everything turns out okay.

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:38 AM

You will grieve when it's your time to grieve. Just be patient with yourself-it will come when you least expect it. Everyone grieves in their own way & their own time! I still have times where I grieve for my hubby who passed away 4 yrs ago-it just comes when you are ready for it-you don't have to plan it or act like everyone else just be yourself!

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I'm so sorry, losing someone close to you is so tough.  Like the others said, you will grieve when you are ready.  The first stage of grieving is denial, so you thinking she is just taking a nap is a normal feeling.  Her presence is still felt with you so its hard for you to believe she is gone.  There is no need to feel a certain way because everyone has their own emotions and with all that is happening in your life,  your feelings will be different from someone else.  I hope everything went ok with your SS. 

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:31 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine how difficult losing your husband must have been. 

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

You will grieve when it's your time to grieve. Just be patient with yourself-it will come when you least expect it. Everyone grieves in their own way & their own time! I still have times where I grieve for my hubby who passed away 4 yrs ago-it just comes when you are ready for it-you don't have to plan it or act like everyone else just be yourself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN