Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's the Weekend! What Are Your Plans?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:32 AM
  • 167 Replies

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!

What are you doing this weekend?

Do you have any fun plans or just taking it easy?

Let's Chat!

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:40 AM
OMG we're so busy, it's ridiculous. Every weekend this summer we've gone non-stop with friends and family. At least when September arrives I think things will slow down until we get to the beach. Every weekend has been and is booked.
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Wow!! You are a busy family. Are you kids in summer sports or activities that keep you on the go or just making the most of the summer?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: OMG we're so busy, it's ridiculous. Every weekend this summer we've gone non-stop with friends and family. At least when September arrives I think things will slow down until we get to the beach. Every weekend has been and is booked.

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Everyone has been busy hosting parties, reaching milestones worth celebrating, and just wanting to get together this summer. A lot of it is "just because we can."

We've been through so much in the past year+ as a family and dealt with so much loss, this is our summertime to be with friends, and they have been more than accommodating.

But we actually thought this could be the weekend to get away to the beach; by Wednesday we realized that wasn't happening. :)

What about you? What are you doing?

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Wow!! You are a busy family. Are you kids in summer sports or activities that keep you on the go or just making the most of the summer?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: OMG we're so busy, it's ridiculous. Every weekend this summer we've gone non-stop with friends and family. At least when September arrives I think things will slow down until we get to the beach. Every weekend has been and is booked.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Good morning! DH and I have doctor appointments today. My kids are coming over for dinner today. Tomorrow DH and I are going out for dinner. I'm not sure where yet.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM

That sounds like a nice way to be busy. Have fun. :)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM

What about you Cafe Michelle?

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM
What kind of places do you like?

We're trying to get to dinner--alone--for next weekend (anniversary). Our friends got us a gift card to a gastropub and offered to take DD overnight. I think we're gonna take them up on it.

Quoting Janet:

Good morning! DH and I have doctor appointments today. My kids are coming over for dinner today. Tomorrow DH and I are going out for dinner. I'm not sure where yet.

MandaMom23
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Happy Friday!  No special weekend plans, just lay low around the house and see what comes up.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Mexican, Italian, sometimes steak. Never heard of Gastropub. What kind of food do they have?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: What kind of places do you like? We're trying to get to dinner--alone--for next weekend (anniversary). Our friends got us a gift card to a gastropub and offered to take DD overnight. I think we're gonna take them up on it.
Quoting Janet:

poshkat
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Town wide garage sale in Saturday, no idea on Sunday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN