Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Question

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM
  • 18 Replies
My almost 10 year old has been having daily head aches which have caused her to cry, she says she feels dizzy too and her legs are weak. They told me they were going to do a CT Scan but then when I got called for the Appointment it's a MRI with no contrast instead. Should I be worried that they decided to do a different test? She also has a pediatric neurology appointment on the 18 at 1.
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sonshining
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I don't know if you should be worried, did you ask why not the CT scan? And what are the results of the MRI, did you get them yet? Ask the doctor at her next appt. which test will show what causes her headaches and dizziness.

9-6-7months
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Thank you. I asked and she told me the doctor decided to just do this test instead. Her appointment isn't until Sunday at 2:30 for MRI. 

Quoting sonshining:

I don't know if you should be worried, did you ask why not the CT scan? And what are the results of the MRI, did you get them yet? Ask the doctor at her next appt. which test will show what causes her headaches and dizziness.

sonshining
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Oh ok. And she could be getting migraines. They happen though rare at  her age too.

Quoting 9-6-7months:

Thank you. I asked and she told me the doctor decided to just do this test instead. Her appointment isn't until Sunday at 2:30 for MRI. 

Quoting sonshining:

wandep
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Hope she will be okay. Good luck. IDK 

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Has she recently taken any medicines in the past few months?
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Could she be going through puberty?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Aww well let us know the results,
Hugs to her & hope she feels better soon :)

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:59 AM

I'm not sure. Can you call and talk to her doctor about it?

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:55 AM

I would research both tests to see what the advantage of the MRI is over the CT.  Maybe the Dr. feels the information on the MRI will give him/her the info that they are trying to pinpoint.

steffielou_who
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:12 AM
http://www.diffen.com/difference/CT_Scan_vs_MRI

Someone make it clicky.. I'm mobile!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)