Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Heavy periods after baby

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
My baby is 11 months now.
I have had my period nine times since he was born. The first 2 periods were very light. But the last 6 have been heavy. My periods were never heavy before getting pregnant. I don't cramp or anything, it is just heavy for 3 complete days, then normal for 4 days. The thing is that I feel very week the days I bleed a tot. That's not normal. I will go see my doctor about it. I have been waiting for it to normalize, but I am tired of waiting. Has this happen to anyone?
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 5:33 PM

My periods were super heavy in high school and long. But then of course they cut WAY back while I was on birth control. After the birth of my 3rd child I was birth control free and my periods were heavier than they were in HS. Because of this, I always get a little anemic when I'm on my period and it helps to take iron during the few days before and the duration of my period.

I think it is partly that my uterus has been put through childbirth so many times and maybe also has something to do with all those years on BC (which I now consider one of the most unhealthy things I've ever done to myself).

I will say that I've also had raging PMS since being off BC also. I started taking "Ultimate Women's Wellness" which fixed my PMS and also made my flow a bit lighter.

g5em
by Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM
I will have to try Ultimate Women's Wellness too.
Do you know why you were bleeding heavy? Did your doctor find something?
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 12:00 AM
You should speak to your dr. Are you nursing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Not to me,
Hopefully you can see your doctor soon.
Hugs to you :)

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:00 AM

I hope your doctor can help you.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:52 AM

I went four months without  period after the baby but it was pretty much normal.  I would check with your doctor to rule out anything.  If you feel weak, the doctor may recommend you take an iron supplement, I was anemic after giving birth to both of my girls.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Definitely something you need to have your doctor check out.

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I hope your doctor can help you get a fix on what's happening. Sorry I don't have any advice to offer.
g5em
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:09 AM
No, I only produced for 4 months. It's been 7 months without nursing.

Quoting kmqw229: You should speak to your dr. Are you nursing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)