Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Any ideas?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM
  • 20 Replies
My two-year old daughter has been sleeping all night since she turned a little over one. for the past two months she wakes up screaming on random nights "no no I don't want you, I want mommy" I will toxin and she will talk about a man. So finally I came out and said what man she pointed to the corner of her room and said that man. I asked oh is he in the room and she said yea and pointed to the corner. She quit sleeping all night about3 weeks ago and when she wakes up she will say the man is in her room with her. I'm not going to lie it kinda freaks me out!!! Has this happened to anyone else?
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Kids can have really vivid nightmares, and your DD is now at the age where she can start talking about them. I agree that it sounds pretty creepy, but it really is pretty likely that she's having nightmares.

I assume she has a nightlight? I know some friends have made "monster spray" for their kids to spray around the room before bedtime when vivid imaginations or scary dreams became a big issue. I'll have to think about other ideas to help her... Poor girl. :-( Sorry she's going through this.
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Children like animals are very suseptable to spirits. I too like my Gram are also. The day my grandpa died I wasn't aware of it yet. My one twin came downstairs and was quite excited telling me about the dark cloud that was over him. He was 4 at the time. Minutes later the phone rang and it was my sister telling me the same was going on with her daughter and she didn't know what to make of it. While discussing it my call waiting rang in and it was my mom telling us that our grandpa had just died. To me that was what our kids were talking about. As I said before my family teases me about being a "portal" to the other side. I've accepted this fact because it has happened to me all my life. Only once did it frighten me. My dog was sitting at my feet and startled growling and was looking at something unseen in the room. I'm sorry this is so long but it could be that she is seeing something and it scares her. Whatever the case I hope she can get over it.  Peace

wandep
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM

IDK Hope she gets over it soon. I'd mention it to her doctor and see what they say. 

Marissa-Wolfe
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Thanks everyone. I was wondering myself if it was a spirit because her great grand mother and her great uncle both died in our home years ago. Her uncle being a man, I was wondering if maybe she was seeing him. We hear a man and woman talking occasionally but mostly little noises. I just don't want her to be scared since she is freaking out. Maybe I should show her pictures of them it could possibly help.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:10 PM
show her a few pictures if him at various ages to see if it is him

Quoting Marissa-Wolfe: Thanks everyone. I was wondering myself if it was a spirit because her great grand mother and her great uncle both died in our home years ago. Her uncle being a man, I was wondering if maybe she was seeing him. We hear a man and woman talking occasionally but mostly little noises. I just don't want her to be scared since she is freaking out. Maybe I should show her pictures of them it could possibly help.
Marissa-Wolfe
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 3:16 PM
I will be sure to try that. I also wanted to point out that my friend passed away last January and she wasn't around but when she came home she saw his picture and held it to her heart and made a sad face and said his name. It also made me wonder what was going on with her. It was like she already knew.
PogoPalOj
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:40 PM

No,  Ours just played with her.  With me, they were good at making the oven door open as I walked by and make me hit my shins.  Oh, and they loved to move my stuff. grrrr.  They never messed with my mom though.

militarychick17
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:04 PM
As recently as this past winter and spring my family was experiencing some activity in our house. It started with our dog. When dh wasn't home, she would jump on top of me in bed and growl at something I couldn't see across the room. One night I was changing clothes and she backed up into me continuously pushing me behind her while growling across the room and following something with her eyes. That was enough for me but dh didn't believe it until about a month later he heard a child's laughter in the hallway. He went to go see why dd was still up, but she was sound asleep. The next night we thought we heard running in the hallway. No one there. A few days later dd told me someone was tapping on her shoulder at night (she sleeps in a loft bed) and we were sleeping. We had the house blessed, as well as burning sage, and so far we are good. Another thing to note is that she could be sensitive to fumes like paint thinner, or gas leaks, or if you have faulty electrical, it can cause hallucinations, auditory and visual. Just something to consider.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Aww sorry to hear this,
I do agree it wouldn't hurt to metnion it to the doctor.
Hope this passes quickly :)

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:54 AM

That's really creepy! This hasn't happened to me. Maybe a nightlight would help?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN