Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

DS got his first bee sting...

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:44 AM
  • 29 Replies
My son and some buddies were playing outside at a friend's house yesterday when two of the boys stepped in a ground bees nest. :-( My poor boy screamed so loudly... He got stung three times!

So we learned yesterday that he is not allergic, since it was the first time he's ever been stung by a bee. Thankfully the other little boy, who got stung once, is also not allergic. Not sure what my friends are going to do about the nest in their backyard. :-\ Poor boys. It was a rough afternoon.

What's the last injury your child had, whether major or minor?
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:30 PM

That sucks. My youngest just got stung by a bee today at the park

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Oh no! I hate bees!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:00 PM
My 3yo dd got her first sting last weekend. She didn't even flinch, and never said it hurt or anything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:39 PM
My son (7) has never been stung yet. Unfortunately, he has had 2 staples in the back of his head (few weeks before turning 5), at age 6 he fell on ice had a nose bleed and huge bump on forehead,first day of spring he fell off a slide broke both his wrists and pulled a muscle in his back. So far age 7 is treating him good.
wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Yesterday at 9:39 AM
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Hope he feels better. That sucks :(

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Bummer they hurt!!!
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Glad he is not allergic!
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Oh no, that stinks. They really hurt! How old is your youngest? Did he/she handle it OK?

Quoting othermom:

That sucks. My youngest just got stung by a bee today at the park

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Wow, she sounds like one tough kid. My DS is 6, and I've never heard him scream so loud... I knew right away it was bees.

Quoting kmqw229: My 3yo dd got her first sting last weekend. She didn't even flinch, and never said it hurt or anything!
SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Oh my goodness! Especially about the slide... Breaking both wrists at once must have been so hard on him. :-( We've definitely had some of those nasty huge goose eggs from falling on the ice, those hurt too.

Hope age 7 continues to treat your son well...!

Quoting 4261025523: My son (7) has never been stung yet. Unfortunately, he has had 2 staples in the back of his head (few weeks before turning 5), at age 6 he fell on ice had a nose bleed and huge bump on forehead,first day of spring he fell off a slide broke both his wrists and pulled a muscle in his back. So far age 7 is treating him good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN