Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Siblings

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:44 PM
  • 13 Replies
Are you close to yours? Do they live near you? Do your kids see them often? Do they have kids?
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 4:58 PM

I am close to my brother, although we don't get to see each other very often. He and his family live about 2 hours north of us. Sadly, no...they rarely get to see them.. My brother works a lot, my SIL is a home care nurse and works a lot, my niece ( almost 21) is in college and my nephew (24) is already out of college...my girls are 8 and 6 and very busy between school, Karate and Church so it's difficult to get up there to see them. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I'm very close to both my sisters and one had a little girl.  DD is very close to them and loves her cousin very much.  We see eachother almost every weekend.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Two brothers and one sister. We're very close. We all live in different states, but we get together with kids at least a couple times a year. It's easier now that our kids are older. When we all had young kids it was more difficult.

DACIA79
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I'm not close to my siblings. Honestly I don't even know how many nieces and nephews I have. I don't know how many siblings I have.

I have seen one of nephews. Tyreed was born when I was 15 I saw him a couple of times before my family moved when I was 15. That was 20 years ago.

My oldest sister has 2 children a boy Andre and a girl Morgan. I have only seen pictures and she has only seen pictures of my boys.

My siblings and I are not close I am the result of an affair so I certainly didn't want to be around them and they weren't crazy about having a bastard little sister.
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:05 PM

My sister is actually visiting me right now.  :)  We don't see each other as much but we talk everyday.  We work on taking care of my dad and his needs.  My brother and I aren't close, we see each other twice a year.

MistyMoo
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:06 PM
I have three sisters. Two live close, but I'm only close to the one. My other lives on the other side of the country and I'm going to since out there to see her before Thanksgiving. All of my sisters have kids, but they're all my age.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:10 PM
I know the feeling my sisters kids are mych older than mine and we do not see them often but keep in touch in many other ways!

Quoting mcginnisc:

I am close to my brother, although we don't get to see each other very often. He and his family live about 2 hours north of us. Sadly, no...they rarely get to see them.. My brother works a lot, my SIL is a home care nurse and works a lot, my niece ( almost 21) is in college and my nephew (24) is already out of college...my girls are 8 and 6 and very busy between school, Karate and Church so it's difficult to get up there to see them. 

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:10 PM

I have a brother who currently lives in town and we get along okay. The kids don't spend a lot of time with him due to his mental illness issues. I have two step sisters who don't live in town and we don't see them often. One is older than me and one is younger, but my dad and stepmom got together and got married after I had moved out so my stepsisters and I didn't grow up together or anything

PacMan80
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 10:29 PM

I have none. makes me happy thing 1 and thing 2 love each other.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM

I lost mine :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)