Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do your kids get an allowance?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM
  • 30 Replies

If so, is it tied to chores? If not, how do you teach them to manage money?

by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:12 AM

They use to :)

melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:56 AM

NO allowance yet. We'll start it up in a few years.

JudyE07
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:58 AM

My kids do chores sometimes they get a little money but mostly they ask for a video game from Game Stop or a trip to the movies

momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:34 AM

DD is 4 and she doesn't get an allowance but I do give her a budget and tell her she could buy a shirt for $6.  So she will hunt around and try to find something with a 5 in the price tag.  We normally shop the clearance rack so I'm sure she will not find something for $50.  lol

xXBonneMamanXx
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:20 AM

My kids will not be receiving an allowance. Chores are part of being a family, and don't require payment to be done. When they are old enough to get jobs (raking leaves for neighbors, babysitting) we will go over budgeting with them.

SlightlyPerfect
Laughing at the results of worthlessness. Now that's a fine birthday present.
Today at 8:50 AM
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:11 AM
She'll get it if she goes above and beyond everyday expected chores.
reche1978
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

yes for chores

wandep
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM

No. They don't really need the money yet. We ask them to help out. During the summer they have been helping me out and I ask them to help out on the weekends. During school year they don't. They need to work on their studies and have time to play. Plus we can not afford it.

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

She has on and off throughout the years but I finally found a system I like and hope that we can stick to.  We will be starting it next month and it is tied to chores and behaviour.  She'll have a money management sheet that she can track how much is in her piggy bank and how much she takes out.  She has always had money and manages it quite well but this way she can see it on paper too.

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

No, they have to do chores to earn their tv and games for the next day. Sometimes they can do extra chores to earn money We used to give them 25 cents a day that they did all their chores. If they did them all week they would get $2.50 but we stopped

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)