Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

She smoked 3 cigarettes in as many hours at her baby shower today @ 7mos preg.

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:43 PM
  • 17 Replies

I went to a baby shower this afternoon. My boys are going to have a new cousin in 2 months. I was so excited to be there to celebrate a new arrival, but then I saw her light up, and I secretly freaked out. Seriously, what could I say to her that has not already been said? It is not my body, it is not my baby, but this is how I felt: 

by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviemmt1990
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I am with you on that. It makes me crazy to see women smoke while pregnant. Don't they know they harm they are doing?!
cueballsmom
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Good on you for leaving her alone. She was probably uncomfortable at the baby shower.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Aww not good ;(

booaura
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
While there are certainly risks associated with smoking while pregnant, for a long time, heavy smoker, quitting can be dangerous as well. Leave her be. Hopefully this is something she is in communication with her doctor about, and she doesn't need someone berating her at her own baby shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:53 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting booaura: While there are certainly risks associated with smoking while pregnant, for a long time, heavy smoker, quitting can be dangerous as well. Leave her be. Hopefully this is something she is in communication with her doctor about, and she doesn't need someone berating her at her own baby shower.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM
It is disgusting! Harming a poor baby line that who has no say in the matter. I have sen first hand what it does to a baby. It really should be abuse imo.
momofnatalie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you, I would have such a hard time seeing her do that.  For me, when I had gestational diabetes, I had to stop eating whatever I wanted and followed a very strict diet.  It was time for sacrifice and doing what's best for my child.  It was my choice and I know its hard for many people but I didn't want to expose my child to any risks if I could.  

virginiamama71
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:40 PM

not good. :-(

PeachQuean
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Agree.

Quoting booaura: While there are certainly risks associated with smoking while pregnant, for a long time, heavy smoker, quitting can be dangerous as well. Leave her be. Hopefully this is something she is in communication with her doctor about, and she doesn't need someone berating her at her own baby shower.
CoLLeGeMoM214
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM

One of my associates smoked during her pregnancy and said the doctor recommeded she slowly ween off cigs instead of jus stopping adbrutly because it could send the baby in shock or something. So maybe thats why? I would be soo embarassed though. My family would shun me.  I am a light smoker. I would never smoke if I were pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)