Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you have any home improvement projects going on right now? What is it?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Replies (11-16):
Stacie03
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:27 AM

DF has a hunny do list a mile long :) He's slowly getting things crossed off.  Before winter we need to get our front and back doors replaced, the new (to us) wooden swing set, cloths line, and deck all need the wood cleaned and stained.  Over winter we may tackle painting another room in the house, IF I/we can decide on a color.  Probably we'll do the Mud room/guest bath areas.  

my4kids274
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:43 AM

We are saving up to redo the shower in the master bath.  Our shower pan cracked back in December of last year.  We got some outlandish quotes...OMG were they crazy.  We found one guy that gave us  reasonable quote and we were going to call him back to set up a date and then that same day we got a call.  My oldest daughter was in a major car wreck and her car was totalled.  She thankfully got out of it okay with minor injuries.  We are still trying to settle with the insurance company of the other driver who was at fault and caused the accident.  In the interim we helped her buy a newer car and used the money that we saved up for the bathroom to use as a down payment on her car.  Then a couple of days later our heat pump went out and we had to put a new one in that same week. So we literally put out over 10 grand in the matter of a few days this past March.

Good side to all of this.  My daughter has healed and she is doing good and that is ultimately the most important thing. 

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:48 AM

We need to redo the front bathroom and will eventually paint

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM

We had to do that when we had our roof replaced after hurricane damage some years ago. We previously had domed skylights and couldn't get those, and I liked those a lot more. They let in light, but it was diffused . Now that we have flat ones, the direct sun comes in and creates glare on tv, and I have to keep moving plants around.

Quoting hugss:

More out of necessity .. had to have our skylights replaced ;)

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Had to have screen doors replaced on screen room, and refinish deck. Really need to repaint the office and also hall bathroom, which has wallpaper and it's beginning to look old.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Aww that must be a bummer to have to do that :(

Quoting SweetLuci:

We had to do that when we had our roof replaced after hurricane damage some years ago. We previously had domed skylights and couldn't get those, and I liked those a lot more. They let in light, but it was diffused . Now that we have flat ones, the direct sun comes in and creates glare on tv, and I have to keep moving plants around.

Quoting hugss:

More out of necessity .. had to have our skylights replaced ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)