Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Soaking Up The Last of Summer

Posted by   + Show Post

Our school district is different than many others, in that our kids don't return to school until the beginning of September. They go to school until the end of June, so we have July and August to get our summer vibe on. While we got the jump start on buying back to school supplies, we put them in the office and are ignoring them while we soak up the last of our summer break.

We live in a mountain town that sits on the edge of the lake. I'll work in the morning while the kids complete their chore list and create Minecraft worlds. In the afternoon they put on their suits, spray each other with sunblock, and we head to the beach. They swim, they throw footballs, and they sit on the beach blanket with me and eat popcorn. It's a pretty great life. School is around the corner, but we're not quite ready for it.

How do you spend the last few weeks of summer break?

AngellaD About :
Replies (41-50):
  • egyptian_mommy
  • by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:50 PM
  • It is a lot of work! But it's fun too and less expensive than staying in a hotel somewhere so we get to do more. We go up to two hours away.

Quoting splatz:

I really want to plan out some day trips! It just seems like more effort than it is worth with a baby! lol

How far away do you guys go?

Quoting egyptian_mommy: We've been taking day trips and trying to squeeze in extra fun things.

• Quote Reply
  • Bob192
  • by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:59 PM
  • I hear you!  Me too!

Quoting mrswillie: I can't wait. I need a vacation.
    Quoting Bob192:

Yay! We are trying for the fall too.

Quoting mrswillie: We are headed to the beach in Fall.
    Quoting Bob192:

That sounds fun!  My kiddos love the beach!

Quoting lalasmama2007: We still want to go to the beach and go to visit my MIL.

• Quote Reply
  • candycrush
  • by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:22 AM
  • School has started here but we plan on still having family outtings on the weekend. Boat on the lake,zoo, whatever.

• Quote Reply
  • amonkeymom
  • by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:01 PM
  •  We spent ours doing a lot of the same things we'd been doing all summer.... swimming, voice lessons, driving lessons, sleeping in and just being together. :)

• Quote Reply
  • momof3cuteboysz
  • by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:30 PM
  • I live in a beautiful place to and am very blessed to be surrounded by 3 lakes and live on lake front property with a boat and kayaks and enjoy the lake very much our dogs and my three sons that are 8, 6 and 2. I am not ready for summer to be over but it has cooled off quite a bit in the last few weeks. I am looking forward to my sons starting school in september and they get out in late june too. I am excited for fall and the cool weather wearing sweaters and baking with my boys Halloween and to see them play soccer.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)