Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I Have a hard time finding a place in this "boys club" I call home.

Posted by   + Show Post

Don't get me wrong I love my boys.. 4, 10, 32.... But, lately and as the boys get older I find myself being on the lesser end of the stick... Not even tears matter to them.. In their opinion..I am being emotional.. (everyones favorite) PMSing.. Sometimes I just want to get away, and then I am dubbed a bad mom or "abandon" the kids.. When really it is just getting to a point where I feel they don't care if I am there or not... I mean sure as long as the house is mostly clean and everyone has food.. I am the last thought... I can't seem to handle beeing the only girl in the "boys club".

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Replies (11-18):
mismaggie
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 4 boys, well 5 including my husband...ages 6,8,17,19 and 37. My boys respect me very much but I feel ganged up on a lot, especially with the oldest 3 of the 5. It's very difficult. I wish I had wordsmof advice for you but all I can offer is a virtual hug....Know your boys love you very much.
rockinmomto2
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

That's shitty parenting on your husbands part. He's ensuring that his misogyny is continuing on in his sons. Honestly? I wouldn't be able to deal with that. I'd probably take the youngest and peace out of that mess. I would never live my life with people who view me as a maid and housekeeper.

Alyssachevy
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for ALL of your feedback! Clair you bring up a great point to demand respect and yes, it does start with dad. Unfortunately he is not open to talking about it cause all in all, I am the wrong one.. He has an attitude of " I don't have to listen cause you are crazy". Its very sad when I put in on her into words. It makes me see that if his heart was in it for me, he would care.. But, lately there is no heart in it.. I refuse to let my boys grow up to disregard and disrespect women.. I will not allow it.

Alyssachevy
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:43 AM

I agree rockin!! Our lease... cause we still rent... is up ... I have a month and a half to deal or leave.. Tonight he showed signs of team playing.. but then lights out goodnight.  I can't go back and forth..

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I raised 3 sons my SO and a male dog! LOL I know where you're coming from.hugs

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I lived with husand and two sons and I had a heart-to-heart talk with dh that his teasing me was not a good example for his sons. I told him he had to put up a good example for them to follow, unless he wanted them to end up like his father and one brother who had no respect for women and hit their wives (which dh really hated). I told him what I wanted him to stop doing, and suggestions of things I wanted him to do. He listened. He started complimenting me in front of them. Thanking me for fixing dinner. Saying how nice the house looked. Thanking me for doing his laundry. They soon started doing the same. I was a happy camper.

rgba
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Yikes. My DH can be an ass sometimes, but he is not a misogynist. That would make me crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Having two sons myself I understand,
I always told them my vote counted at least twice.
Hang in there .. hopefully it will get better soon :)

Quoting Alyssachevy:

Don't get me wrong I love my boys.. 4, 10, 32.... But, lately and as the boys get older I find myself being on the lesser end of the stick... Not even tears matter to them.. In their opinion..I am being emotional.. (everyones favorite) PMSing.. Sometimes I just want to get away, and then I am dubbed a bad mom or "abandon" the kids.. When really it is just getting to a point where I feel they don't care if I am there or not... I mean sure as long as the house is mostly clean and everyone has food.. I am the last thought... I can't seem to handle beeing the only girl in the "boys club".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN