Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

sahm having a hard time

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:28 PM
  • 31 Replies

hello, iam a stay at home mom for 3 years now and in those threes i have gave birth two my second baby,finshed a 3 1/2 year divorce,moved twice lost alot of friends and family, and have dealt with alot of apoinments due to some damge that was done during pregnancy. iam worn out and have nobody else to talk to. my husband works out of town so is barely home we talk as much as we can. he is very understanding but i know that he doesnt really understand since he isnt a sahm. i lost most of my friends when i had my first daughter and now i dnt have any and i dont know other moms so i joined this group hoping to meet new people. some body to talk to that understands how hard being a sahm is.

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Welcome to the grp! Being a SAHM is hard!! Have you attended story time at the library or cafes in you area? MOMS club might also be an option.

Do you have any hobbies? Join a book club or grp?

Regardless we are happy to have you here! Where do you live?
lcplaygroupie
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Hi! I definitely feel you on every year being different and totally losing old friends. The couple of years I had my daughter, my son started school and I had a hard time dealing with it all. And from the outside I think people assume I stay home so it should be easy but I felt really off. I can only imagine how crazy it would be with divorce and moving twice in there. Have you tried any mom groups/playgroups in your area? Like on meetup or fb? I know not everyone's into that type of stuff but that was my sanity for a long time.
wandep
Feeling excited for the New Year! :)
Today at 7:03 PM
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I've been a sahm for 10 years and love it. My kids are ages 8 and 10 years old. :) How old are your kids? While my kids are at school I go to the gym and do my water aerobics classes. We are usually busy with activities 2/3 times a week. The kids take music lessons at home. My son takes karate and daughter is starting dance again. I can't wait to be back in routine. I've also started a side business on ebay selling some of our clothes and whatever else I find around the house. 

You can always message me and chat if you like...I'm from FL. Where are you from?

Leah0212
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:49 PM

no i havent done anything of that. and yeai have some hobbies but dnt get to do any of them i try to stick with arts and crafts for my girls. i live in flordia

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. It can be tough being a stay at home parent, especially if your spouse is away a lot

Leah0212
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM

i dont know if ihave to quote u to reply back to u are not. but my girls are 6 and 18m we also live in florida. my older daughter doesnt seem to want to do anything she is having a hard time with invisitation. she doesnt understand why she has to go so she is showing a bad attitude. hoping she will get back to her old self soon. then we can start going places around here maybe and after school program or something.

Quoting wandep:

I've been a sahm for 10 years and love it. My kids are ages 8 and 10 years old. :) How old are your kids? While my kids are at school I go to the gym and do my water aerobics classes. We are usually busy with activities 2/3 times a week. The kids take music lessons at home. My son takes karate and daughter is starting dance again. I can't wait to be back in routine. I've also started a side business on ebay selling some of our clothes and whatever else I find around the house. 

You can always message me and chat if you like...I'm from FL. Where are you from?

Leah0212
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM

yea its hard. and idk of any groups around here not really good at going out and meeting new ppl me and my girls are the shy type lol

Quoting lcplaygroupie: Hi! I definitely feel you on every year being different and totally losing old friends. The couple of years I had my daughter, my son started school and I had a hard time dealing with it all. And from the outside I think people assume I stay home so it should be easy but I felt really off. I can only imagine how crazy it would be with divorce and moving twice in there. Have you tried any mom groups/playgroups in your area? Like on meetup or fb? I know not everyone's into that type of stuff but that was my sanity for a long time.

lcplaygroupie
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:27 PM
My kids are 6 and 18 months too! And my husband travels a lot, too. Feel free to message me anytime, I'm always looking for new friends!

Quoting Leah0212:

yea its hard. and idk of any groups around here not really good at going out and meeting new ppl me and my girls are the shy type lol

Quoting lcplaygroupie: Hi! I definitely feel you on every year being different and totally losing old friends. The couple of years I had my daughter, my son started school and I had a hard time dealing with it all. And from the outside I think people assume I stay home so it should be easy but I felt really off. I can only imagine how crazy it would be with divorce and moving twice in there. Have you tried any mom groups/playgroups in your area? Like on meetup or fb? I know not everyone's into that type of stuff but that was my sanity for a long time.

wandep
Feeling excited for the New Year! :)
Today at 7:03 PM
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Aw poor kiddo. Maybe see about dance lessons for her. My daughter is starting again in Sept. She is so excited. :) I live in North FL.

Quoting Leah0212:

i dont know if ihave to quote u to reply back to u are not. but my girls are 6 and 18m we also live in florida. my older daughter doesnt seem to want to do anything she is having a hard time with invisitation. she doesnt understand why she has to go so she is showing a bad attitude. hoping she will get back to her old self soon. then we can start going places around here maybe and after school program or something.

Quoting wandep:

Leah0212
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM

yea she does like to dance. i live in central florida

Quoting wandep:

Aw poor kiddo. Maybe see about dance lessons for her. My daughter is starting again in Sept. She is so excited. :) I live in North FL.

Quoting Leah0212:

Quoting wandep:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN