Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

sahm having a hard time

Posted by   + Show Post

hello, iam a stay at home mom for 3 years now and in those threes i have gave birth two my second baby,finshed a 3 1/2 year divorce,moved twice lost alot of friends and family, and have dealt with alot of apoinments due to some damge that was done during pregnancy. iam worn out and have nobody else to talk to. my husband works out of town so is barely home we talk as much as we can. he is very understanding but i know that he doesnt really understand since he isnt a sahm. i lost most of my friends when i had my first daughter and now i dnt have any and i dont know other moms so i joined this group hoping to meet new people. some body to talk to that understands how hard being a sahm is.

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Replies (31-31):
MommyKir
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

It can be frustrating and overwhelming at times. The key is to always have something for the kids to do. Now that is harder with a baby who needs the constant attention, but stock up on lots of craft stuff for your 6yr old, and maybe a craft table so you don't have to worry about a good table getting glue on it. lol That way the older child is entertained, AND it gives her something to pour her emotions into since you said she has been giving a bit of attitude. while you clean and care for the younger one. And make sure to make time for a little you time each day, whether its after bedtime or during the day, spend 20 minutes on you. For me that varies between enjoying a nice hot lunch or at night reading a good book or watching a movie. I know what helped me with my kids, the craft table and a lego table. Both unisex items. and the 18mo might just love duplo legos. With your hands free and the kids entertained you will be able to get much more done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN