Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bleeding,but still pregnant?!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM
  • 19 Replies
Hi ladies!We just found out we are expecting our 3rd child.About 4-5 weeks along.Ive been spotting on and off and actually passed a pretty big clot today.., I've gone to the ER twice they say my HCG levels are rising.They did the ultrasound but couldn't find anything bc it's too early.My question is..have any of you bled mild to heavy and still have a healthy pregnancy and baby?I'm just puzzled as to how this can be happening.they already rules epitopic pregnancy out.
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:47 PM
I hope everything turns out ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hrmommyhswif09
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Thank you!
melliburger
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:07 AM

I hope everything is ok!

rgba
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a friend who bled for several months.

Perhaps it is twins, and one is miscarrying?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM
I just saw you are only 5 weeks. How did they rule out ectopic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs, it must be so hard to go through, I  had 3 miscarriages at this stage in my pregnancy.  If your HCG levels are rising than that's a great sign.  Mine were decreasing at this stage.  I would call you OB to make an appt to see how you are progressing.  Good luck!

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

At about 13 weeks into my current pregnancy I was getting out of my car at the grocery store and had a HUGE rush of blood that leaked out all the way through my pants and onto the parking lot. I mean. It was an enormous gush and I freaked out.

I drove home and continued to bleed. Once I got home, I changed my clothes, put my feet up, and called the emergency nurses line. The one thing that made it seem okay was that I wasn't experiencing any cramping or contractions or anything. Just bleeding without pain.

Went to the ER. Sat for 4 hours. Went to another ER. Ultra sound revealed baby was FINE and they said it was a subchorionic hemorrhage. I spotted a little for the next 2-3 days and then nothing.

I'm due any day now with what I imagine is about to be a huge and healthy baby girl.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I had periods for the first 4 months with my twins. I didn't even know I was pregnant.

othermom
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I hope everything turns out okay. I haven't personally but i have heard about people who still had their period

Hrmommyhswif09
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:03 PM
They did an ultrasound.So my OB said it wasn't epitopic.They also did a vaginal check as we'll.Ive been reading a lot about twins... Thanks ladies!I really appreciate the feed back.I have to healthy happy girls already so I have faith no matter what happens it's for the best.On bed rest and drinking fluids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN