Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bleeding,but still pregnant?!

Hi ladies!We just found out we are expecting our 3rd child.About 4-5 weeks along.Ive been spotting on and off and actually passed a pretty big clot today.., I've gone to the ER twice they say my HCG levels are rising.They did the ultrasound but couldn't find anything bc it's too early.My question is..have any of you bled mild to heavy and still have a healthy pregnancy and baby?I'm just puzzled as to how this can be happening.they already rules epitopic pregnancy out.
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Replies (11-19):
themaurer7
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:19 PM
I did with my last baby. She is now a healthy crazy all over the place little 3 yr old. They never figured out why I was bleeding. I spent most of my pregnancy on bed rest and bled through most of my pregnancy.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Could be a SCH, hope all is well!

Iamvicann
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I had what seemed like full periods for 5 months during my first. He was 8# 3oz and 2 weeks late. I hadslight bleeding during my 6th month.
Sorry on mobile and it won't let me put a space between those two words. Lol
ladyluke2007
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:48 PM

An enternal exam will find the baby.  I know this because my daughter just had one at 5 weeks and 2 days.  And if you are spotting and passing blood clots, you could be miscarrying. 

happynewyorker
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Did you go to your physician?  Every pregnancy as you know it is different.  I'd go just to check.

I didn't have that. MY HCG levels were low and had to take estrogen pills internal for the first 3 months.

SarahSuzyQ
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I hope the bed rest is helpful, and that you have some folks who can support you while you are keeping yourself and your baby healthy. Best wishes for a healthy rest of your pregnancy!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I had a period for 4 months with my daughter. I had two miscarriages after she was born.

Hrmommyhswif09
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Thanks ladies.My HCG levels are still rising... So time will tell.Thank you ladies :) We have been to the Drs but no one knows why I'm bleeding and still have rising levels.
cucucachoo
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Yes, with my 3rd pregnancy I spotted in my 1st trimester and I freaked out. I remember it not being fresh blood though. When I had an ultrasound it showed that everything was ok. I forgot what the doctors said it was. When I gave birth, my dd was almost 9lbs. and 21 inches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN