Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Why is it my two oldest 6&5 seem to not know what cleaning up after themselves mean. Ughh
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Replies (21-25):
barbie_girl870
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:54 AM

lol my 15 year old still don't know i think its a choice thing 

bhow
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:38 AM

I always did what I could come up with to make it into a game or a "challange".  I would also be all excited and do a happy dance while dusting or something else weird to get them to want to be goofy too.  They both still pitch in like it's just a part of them.  Worked for my aunt so I tried it.  Mine are 16 and 14 now.  Good Luck.

Emmybrown
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Im gonna try that thanks. .

Quoting melliburger:

:( You have to keep on them and maybe they need some consequences? they don't clean up so they get extra chores? Or they do not get tv time that day or they loose some privelege like electronic use?

mcwebtex
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 2:10 PM

you really have to be on top of them ALL THE TIME till routine is established.... I was just about to cry this morning thinking how hard it is to keep them focused.. (Mine are 3 and 4) but we do have a picture/magnet schedule that i referr the back to several times a day to help them remember there chores and rountines like burshing teeth cleaning there rooms doing chores etc...  It helps to refer them back to the schedule so they remember what they should be doing, rather than you haveing to keep track of them and what they should be doing.. Then you go along side them make sure they do it and learn how to do it right.. It really takes time and effort but if your diligent, after a while they learn to do it themselves and you dont even have to check that often... Be patient!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Whatever you decide. Be consistent or it won't work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN