Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

thoughts on toddler boy in dance

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

The idea of sticking my 3 year old in dance scares me, but I know he would enjoy it. I'm just torn because of judgment boys who dance have. I have a traditional family where boys need to play football and baseball anything else makes them gay. I have a very energetic boy who loves to sing and dance and be the center of attention andjust recently learned about rythem and moving its adorable. But iI dondon't want to have to listen to my whole family give me crap. Dance doesn't make you gay Ijust want my son to enjoy himself.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Replies (131-131):
LuciBlue12
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 3:56 PM
In my town, for your first year of football, baseball, and wrestling (pee wee, 6th grade, and 9th grade) all of the boys are placed in ballet and acrobat free of charge because help with balance and stamina. The middle and high school parents can opt out if their kid goes to 6 weeks of dance camp. Three of my nephews later voluntarily went on to take hip hop classes. No stigma, no picking...all of the boys do it and a lot of them think the dance classes are harder than sport practice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN